ZAV IS BACK

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ARNU wrote:We are mugs.If he was not crocked he'd have buggered off and we all know it.Just secured himself a wage packet while he's still injured,I doubt its a small amount either.When will he be ready to play ? Not before Christmas Id imagine.Sadly I will have to come to terms with the fact that Dagenham and Redbridge are just becoming like all the rest what with the hiring of Thugs and Charlie big potato footballers and not sacking drunk drivers cos they might be able to play a bit.No wonder really Im desperately losing interest.Havent been to a single pre season game as had some paint drying i wanted to watch and didn't renew my club membership either.Any one want to make me an offer for my season ticket ?
Have you ever like, seen him play? He is wicked. Great signing, look at that squad now!
bearaab

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:We are mugs.If he was not crocked he'd have buggered off and we all know it.Just secured himself a wage packet while he's still injured,I doubt its a small amount either.When will he be ready to play ? Not before Christmas Id imagine.Sadly I will have to come to terms with the fact that Dagenham and Redbridge are just becoming like all the rest what with the hiring of Thugs and Charlie big potato footballers and not sacking drunk drivers cos they might be able to play a bit.No wonder really Im desperately losing interest.Havent been to a single pre season game as had some paint drying i wanted to watch and didn't renew my club membership either.Any one want to make me an offer for my season ticket ?
No, go away.
I'm with Lee.
dagger4eva

Typically I'd be peeved that we'd signed an injued player HOWEVER I think it's good for a couple of reasons.

The wingers we currently have will be fully aware of Zav's ability and I'd like to think the prospect of him returning will keep them on the toes.

On top of that, we all know how mad a schedule the Xmas period is - so to potentially be able to have a fit and more importantly FRESH Zavon at that time of the season could be huge for us!!

Now we just need to sort the mess out with Carmarthern and get Doidge signed up and we will be sorted!! :P
Lcbdagger

No idea what Wayne said yesterday at the gabba forum but info earlier in the week from a friend who knows the team well suggested he was back much sooner than Christmas.

A super couple of days just before the season starts!
Mark

Back in our Ryman days we had a drunk driver. He didn't get sacked. Maybe it hasn't changed as much as you think.

Zav is a great signing.
ThatRoundThing

PaulHornchurch wrote:Wayne pretty much told us he was coming at the Forum last night, and despite the injury the player wants to sign, and the Club wants to sign him.

Porter has till Xmas to earn a new deal, by which time Zav is fit. If Porter performs great, we can sign him again or let him move on. If Zav comes back and stars we've got him a 2nd year or a fee come next summer if he moves on. It's a win win all round .

Re Partridge and Labadie, Wayne spoke about their previous problems. He feels they have learnt from their mistakes and confirmed previous clubs and here, both players have not put one foot wrong since those errors.
Pretty much this.

Ok I get the Charlie big potato thing but when fit I am sure Zav will increase our chances of improving on last season. He is obviously wanting to play at a higher level and it backfired on him possibly with the attitude that there would be a rush of clubs in for him. That didn't happen and some might say he is once again using the club as a last resort. He will now have to play out of his skin to get a move to a higher club and once that happens the club will be quids in to budget for next season. I will be very much surprised if he is here for the whole of his 2yr contract.
Phippo

Disappointed (but not overly surprised) by Arnu post. Not a ball kicked in anger yet and Arnu wants out! If Zavon returns to his early form of last season (and remains injury free) then great .Hope the budget is being managed with care!
mickeyblue

great signing!!!!!

what a squad we have.

of course signing a injured player is crap but this player got injured playing 4 us pfft and certain people moan about loyalty of players.

murph and hines if stayed fit would of got us closer to playoffs last season and imo we have a much better team this time round.

happy days!
but we finished 9th!
PaulHornchurch

Every player wants to play at a higher level.

Wayne discussed this in detail last night. He wants to sign Scott and Abu up now, but as they enter their last year, he knows they will sit tight till the end of the season and see what happens.

You can't blame them, we would all do the same in our jobs. Let's hope promotion is wrapped up before May !!
NickMurphy

Very happy, and in some ways the fact he's injured at the moment could help us this season as well, not least because it means he's stayed on. A fresh Zav in the second half of the season could be a brilliant asset to have, and if he does perform and get a move away, we're guaranteed some £££ to boot. It's a win-win-win situation for everyone involved; very pleased to have him back.

Also, I'll give Arnu £45 and a packet of pork scratchings for his season ticket.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

NickMurphy wrote:Very happy, and in some ways the fact he's injured at the moment could help us this season as well, not least because it means he's stayed on. A fresh Zav in the second half of the season could be a brilliant asset to have, and if he does perform and get a move away, we're guaranteed some £££ to boot. It's a win-win-win situation for everyone involved; very pleased to have him back.

Also, I'll give Arnu £45 and a packet of pork scratchings for his season ticket.
I raise you 46 pounds and Now That's What I Call Music 3 on vinyl
Dagdale

If Zavon comes back without a hitch from this long term injury and maybe settle in well with all the new staff playing alongside him even if its over ten games into the season I for one can't wait to see him taking on opposition and wing runs once again, in his early spells last season many 'away fans' enjoying a beer or two after games with me his name always seemed to pop up with praise first thing. Only thing I found slightly frustrating with him he does seem to run greedy with the ball and often through a pass we could have scored there. This signing could definitely work to our advantage.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="ARNU"]We are mugs.If he was not crocked he'd have buggered off and we all know it.Just secured himself a wage packet while he's still injured,I doubt its a small amount either.When will he be ready to play ? Not before Christmas Id imagine.Sadly I will have to come to terms with the fact that Dagenham and Redbridge are just becoming like all the rest what with the hiring of Thugs and Charlie big potato footballers and not sacking drunk drivers cos they might be able to play a bit.No wonder really Im desperately losing interest.Havent been to a single pre season game as had some paint drying i wanted to watch and didn't renew my club membership either.Any one want to make me an offer for my season ticket ?[/quote

Arnu would like to highlight two points. Firstly I understand that there was an offer from a higher level and it appears he has chosen us.

He is not the first Player signed recently who has spoken about how the Manager wants to play and this attracted him to us. Yesterdays signing also had offers elsewhere but again chose us stating the Manager as a reason.

At times last season we reverted to hoof ball and it has to be hoped that with the guts being ripped out of the squad and reshaped that we now have the Players to play how the Manager wants.

Obviously there are those who have never bought into the Managers style and ideas and long for the return of Johnny Hoofball but although I share your views on the behaviour and past conduct of a couple of our recruits I hope you stay around and finally get to see the type of style you have for so long craved.
Richie

He's good enough to take a chance on with regards to his injury. Wayne's interview on Player says he was checked out at that national football centre in Burton and all looked a-okay.

Genuinely think we could do something this season if the full-backs are up to it, only part of the side that I'm not too sure on. Jack has to kick on after last year and Batt/Partridge are unknowns
ARNU

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
Have you ever like, seen him play? He is wicked. Great signing, look at that squad now!
Well yeah,home and away and for Bradford and for West ham but just don't like the mercenary approach.Lets not kid ourselves he'd have stayed if he weren't injured and nobody was interested in a long term crocked player.Said it last year,best player in the team all day long,but would ****** off at the slightest chance.Dont blame him but do question his motives.He messed us about when he first signed,stringing it out to the last minute when he realised nobody was interested all of a sudden he wants to play for us.And now again.Forgive my reluctance to celebrate too much.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !