No answer?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Unfortunate given how he played against Spurs but would be astonished, given the nature of the restructure of the squad this season, if Wayne didn't have any thoughts on a plan B already... he has said for a long while now that we needed wide players and 'two strikers', even before we got hold of Cureton.

He has been mentioned before, but I wonder if Dominic Samuel is still available? heard good things from him since he recovered from his injury after playing about 40 seconds for us last season.

Really pleased we have Cureton but not certain (from what i've seen) that he excels in our formation without someone through the middle with him as support so we will certainly need a few other options to score for us.
USADAGGER nick

Seems really unprofessional for the CHAIRMAN to not get back to a team interested in a player
dagger4eva

I'm all for the way we appear to currently run our club - living within our means etc. but there does occasionally come a time when you have to put your hand in your pocket and shell out a few quid. The saying is 'there's no such thing as a free lunch', but it's as if we look to eat every single meal for free.

Appreciate we were led to believe this player was available on a free but having found out that he's not - perhaps we should still look to get him in IF & I repeat IF he is that highly rated by our management team.

Happy to be proven wrong but would the fee really be THAT much ???

Maybe we could do a Luton on them ... ie bung them £15k and offer them a two bob pre season friendly.....
matt_drfc

dagger4eva wrote:I'm all for the way we appear to currently run our club - living within our means etc. but there does occasionally come a time when you have to put your hand in your pocket and shell out a few quid. The saying is 'there's no such thing as a free lunch', but it's as if we look to eat every single meal for free.

Appreciate we were led to believe this player was available on a free but having found out that he's not - perhaps we should still look to get him in IF & I repeat IF he is that highly rated by our management team.

Happy to be proven wrong but would the fee really be THAT much ???

Maybe we could do a Luton on them ... ie bung them £15k and offer them a two bob pre season friendly.....
Seems we wouldn't know how much the fee is if the chairman don't wanna answer his phone. But if the player wants it that much he'll push it through himself, I wouldn't say it's definitely not gonna happen
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well with over 800 Players released since the end of last season according to PFA good on Wayne I say .

Its a buyers market with a host of Players looking for Clubs ( Are Hoyte and Hines fixed up yet ?!!!!!!). Why do we need to pay a fee for a Unproven Player when as Cureton and for that matter Hoyte and Hines has proved they are out there for free. Admitted wages will be higher but that could be met with fees that are saved.

Sounds to me Agents trying to force the hand . The Player/agent must have known he was under contract and as such we were never going to get him for nothing as his age dictates they are entitled to compensation once anybody showed interest. If he was a free agent then that is another matter, but it looks like he never was so the Player is either a bit of a 40 Watter or he thought we would be so impressed with his untapped talent the fact he was under contract would still have us banging on his Chairmans door with cheqye book in hand.

So all you disappointed fans out there ask yourself this Do you pay 20k for him and his wages or do you offer that 20k to somebody like Hines in additional wages over two years? I know what I would have.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickMurphy

Still a fair way to go yet before the window closes, be surprised if we don't try again later in the month.
Adrian

USADAGGER nick wrote:Seems really unprofessional for the CHAIRMAN to not get back to a team interested in a player
I'd say the unprofessional thing is talking to a player about signing without checking his status with his club first.
If he's under contract, then are we not effectively tapping him up? Something which I'm sure none of us would be too happy about happening to one of our players.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
USADAGGER nick wrote:Seems really unprofessional for the CHAIRMAN to not get back to a team interested in a player
I'd say the unprofessional thing is talking to a player about signing without checking his status with his club first.
If he's under contract, then are we not effectively tapping him up? Something which I'm sure none of us would be too happy about happening to one of our players.
Could not agree more .
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
So all you disappointed fans out there ask yourself this Do you pay 20k for him and his wages or do you offer that 20k to somebody like Hines in additional wages over two years? I know what I would have.
Given that an unproven player like Doidge wouldn't command much in the way of wages I doubt a combined fee and wages would really make much difference in signing anyone else.

It's really time to give up on Hines. He doesn't want to be here, he's turned down enough offers now.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
He is a free agent though no tapping up involved, just a fee for Bosman ruling to be sorted. Players are free to discuss moves with anyone they like if not contracted to a club.
dagger4eva

But, Digger, l think the point being made is that his club are saying he IS contracted to them and not available on a free / Bosman.

Happen also to agree with Adrian that we probably should of, in hindsight, checked with Camarthen 1st that he was ok to train and trial with us.
Im not sure whats happend to date however could be construed as "tapping up".
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Given that an unproven player like Doidge wouldn't command much in the way of wages I doubt a combined fee and wages would really make much difference in signing anyone else.

It's really time to give up on Hines. He doesn't want to be here, he's turned down enough offers now.
Has he? Even though he was at the ground on Saturday?
matt_drfc

I would think we did check with them? They seem quite encouraging on their twitter, wishing him good luck and tweeting when he's scored for us. He also had a trial at Newport, did they tap him up aswell? He's obviously said he wants to try his luck in football league, and they have accepted that, just a lack of communication regarding fee.

Tweets being:
"@CarmarthenAFC: @Chris_Doidge good luck next week"
"@CarmarthenAFC: Good to see that #oldgold striker @Chris_Doidge was on target tonight for Daggers"
"@CarmarthenAFC: OldGold's @Chris_Doidge finds net again⚽
Tottenham Hotspur XI Dagenham and Redbridge Match Report 2nd August 2014 http://t.co/3HwNTGAg2h"
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:But, Digger, l think the point being made is that his club are saying he IS contracted to them and not available on a free / Bosman.

Happen also to agree with Adrian that we probably should of, in hindsight, checked with Camarthen 1st that he was ok to train and trial with us.
Im not sure whats happend to date however could be construed as "tapping up".
He is not contracted with Carmarthen at present. A fee would be decided by tribunal if need be no permission to actually speak with him needed so can't be tapping up.