No answer?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

New signing being announced soon........
USADAGGER nick

Now the carmarthen town manager released a letter saying we were the one to mess up negotiations. Why do I feel this isn't the last we've heard of this problem
matt_drfc

USADAGGER nick wrote:Now the carmarthen town manager released a letter saying we were the one to mess up negotiations. Why do I feel this isn't the last we've heard of this problem
The last paragraph clearly shows they are the ones trying to get more money for him by getting him trials to bigger clubs *apparently*. But we need to make a statement ASAP.
ThatRoundThing

According to other Welsh websites they are still smarting that Justin Edinburgh turned down the chance to sign Doidge.

http://welsh-premier.com/index.php/late ... -the-rocks

I doubt very much that there was any fault with how our club conducted itself in the matter, Carmarthen looked to be after the best payday they can get which is fair enough but the player, an agent or their club should have confirmed whether the player was available on a free or not. We have made many signings this summer and none appear to have had problems of this kind.
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote:According to other Welsh websites they are still smarting that Justin Edinburgh turned down the chance to sign Doidge.

http://welsh-premier.com/index.php/late ... -the-rocks

I doubt very much that there was any fault with how our club conducted itself in the matter, Carmarthen looked to be after the best payday they can get which is fair enough but the player, an agent or their club should have confirmed whether the player was available on a free or not. We have made many signings this summer and none appear to have had problems of this kind.
There's clearly fault in how we've conducted ourselves. It was our responsibility to check with them about what the situation was with regards to a fee, but instead have asked the player who wouldn't be in a position to know for definite.
To have their chairman state that he provided a time he'd be available to talk when we claim that he didn't respond at all also looks pretty poor. Why were we even using an agent to talk to them? Why not do it directly, like we used to be capable of?

Why did Burnett give the interview which pointed the blame at them? The only thing that was ever likely to achieve was a backlash from them. I'd expect the same from us if a club were badmouthing us when they were trying to sign a player of ours.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
USADAGGER nick wrote:Now the carmarthen town manager released a letter saying we were the one to mess up negotiations. Why do I feel this isn't the last we've heard of this problem
The last paragraph clearly shows they are the ones trying to get more money for him by getting him trials to bigger clubs *apparently*. But we need to make a statement ASAP.
No it doesn't. It shows they're trying to help him out. They're not going to be in line for much of a fee when he's out of contract and has already been effectively rejected by Newport and ourselves.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
No it doesn't. It shows they're trying to help him out. They're not going to be in line for much of a fee when he's out of contract and has already been effectively rejected by Newport and ourselves.
Is he out of contract?
ThatRoundThing

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

If you read the interview in the Post, Wayne is reported as having said that he had asked (a third party I presume) if the player was available on a free otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford him before inviting him down for a trial. The interview goes on to say "he even" (the player) said he was available on a free... When asked, after the trial.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
Is he out of contract?
According to this he is http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christia ... ler/255353

If it's wrong and he was under contract, then:
a) why did we think we'd get him for nothing?
b) we shouldn't have been talking to him about signing before agreeing terms with his club first
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote:

If you read the interview in the Post, Wayne is reported as having said that he had asked (a third party I presume) if the player was available on a free otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford him before inviting him down for a trial. The interview goes on to say "he even" (the player) said he was available on a free... When asked, after the trial.
I've read it thanks.

This is the important bit:
“We offered Christian a deal and was told he would be able to leave on a free to a higher league club, but that’s not the case,” said Burnett.

“I asked before his trial whether he would be available on a free otherwise we wouldn’t be able to afford him and I was told he was available. We wouldn’t have pursued the deal otherwise.

“I spoke to the player last Thursday and asked him whether he would be keen to make the move to London.

“He said that’d be okay and he would love the chance to play in the Football League, he even said he was available on a free.”
It's not at all clear who was actually asked.

This whole think makes both clubs look bad. Let's not pretend that our shit don't stink. We're just as culpable in this as they are.
ThatRoundThing

Funny enough that's the same article I read, Our club obviously spoke to someone connected with the club and also followed the correct procedure, according to their chairman's statement, in making initial enquiries about the player.
Maybe there are one or two half truths by both clubs but I doubt if I will get the full facts that warrant me comment further.
Lcbdagger

I can't get my head around how we agreed the trial (with their best wishes on the website that he was with us for a week) without a solid idea of costs if we signed him... no point in the trial period otherwise
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote:Funny enough that's the same article I read, Our club obviously spoke to someone connected with the club and also followed the correct procedure, according to their chairman's statement, in making initial enquiries about the player.
Maybe there are one or two half truths by both clubs but I doubt if I will get the full facts that warrant me comment further.
So you agree that the article does not explicitly say that we spoke to someone at their club about any potential fee?
In your earlier post you said you presume we spoke to a third party based in that article.

Like I said, lets not pretend that we are completely blameless in this.
There are elements of unprofessional behaviour, but if the two parties only one is professional.
dagger4eva

I dont think you will find a single person on here who has tried to make it we are "completely blameless"

In addition, its a bit rich you making assumptions regarding people making or not making supposed telephone calls when unless im wrong you were the biggest criticiser of people believing WB story that Hoyte never returned a call made to him.

The tone in your posts recently tell me you have a massive bee in your bonnett with wayne burnett and l have the feeling theres nothing he can do aside from win us promotion which will change your view on him. Am l wrong??
matt_drfc

dagger4eva wrote:I dont think you will find a single person on here who has tried to make it we are "completely blameless"

In addition, its a bit rich you making assumptions regarding people making or not making supposed telephone calls when unless im wrong you were the biggest criticiser of people believing WB story that Hoyte never returned a call made to him.

The tone in your posts recently tell me you have a massive bee in your bonnett with wayne burnett and l have the feeling theres nothing he can do aside from win us promotion which will change your view on him. Am l wrong??
You've got this spot on, couldn't word it as well as you have lol