Daggers Number 1 ....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Not at all rather have Players who want to play for us. As far as I am aware Lewington wanted to go. If I am wrong then it is obvious Wayne did not rate him as highly as some, either way I am not fussed. For every outstanding piece of goalkeeping I can give you a howler aka Exeter.

No good looking back we are were we are time to get behind who ever is trusted with the Shirt.
Shame your point about getting behind whoever is in the shirt didn't apply to Lewy in the past when several, including you were happy to jump on him.

Over his time with us, he won us more points than he cost us.

Personally, I'm more concerned with Wayne stating that he would be signing two experienced goalkeepers, only to sign two players who managed fewer games between than Seabright did last season.
ARNU

Im sure all keepers have days when their actions win the game as well as lose it.Nothing new there.Lewy's main problem was his kicking in my book but boy did he have some Howlers.Barnet away that night where he watched the ball go in from about 30 yards instead of trying to stop it ,has to up there with his worst.Handling the ball outside the area in 2 pretty much consecutive games also sticks out.I truly wish him well but unless he smartens his act up I cant see much more glamourous things coming his way.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Handling the ball outside the area in 2 pretty much consecutive games also sticks out.
The incidents to which you refer were in August and February. If you're going to dig out a player about the same old things at least have some idea of what you're actually talking about.

Strangely he went on to play the next two seasons without getting sent off, but we'll ignore that in order to pretend that he wasn't in fact a reasonable League 2 goalkeeper.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Not at all rather have Players who want to play for us. As far as I am aware Lewington wanted to go. If I am wrong then it is obvious Wayne did not rate him as highly as some, either way I am not fussed. For every outstanding piece of goalkeeping I can give you a howler aka Exeter.

No good looking back we are were we are time to get behind who ever is trusted with the Shirt.
Shame your point about getting behind whoever is in the shirt didn't apply to Lewy in the past when several, including you were happy to jump on him.

Over his time with us, he won us more points than he cost us.

Personally, I'm more concerned with Wayne stating that he would be signing two experienced goalkeepers, only to sign two players who managed fewer games between than Seabright did last season.
Sorry if you think pointing out the bleeding obvious is jumping on anybody. Cant show anymore support then we all do by turning up every week.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:Handling the ball outside the area in 2 pretty much consecutive games also sticks out.
The incidents to which you refer were in August and February. If you're going to dig out a player about the same old things at least have some idea of what you're actually talking about.

Strangely he went on to play the next two seasons without getting sent off, but we'll ignore that in order to pretend that he wasn't in fact a reasonable League 2 goalkeeper.
Well reasonable league 2 keeper is also my assessment.Not fantastic mega god that could do no wrong like you make out though.Unless you're still saying that you would have to come to the conclusion you agree with me.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:

Reasonable League Two keeper is spot on in my opinion... better than us or good enough to secure a starting spot in a League One team? Not so certain... even when he returned for the Colchester friendly, his kicking made half the Sieve chuckle and he still had no ability to judge a cross or ball in to the box.

His ability to stop a ball coming at him was never in question... I certainly don't think we have made an obvious improvement to our squad by replacing last season's keepers with the two we have now... however I don't feel O'Brien in going to be any less strong than Lewington was.

I'm concerned about his judgement after letting in the free kick against Colchester from what felt like 35 yards, but then Cousins didn't cover himself in glory either with the equaliser.
Mikins

For me Liam looks the more confident of the two, and the likihood is he has more long term potential to develop than cousins.

That said I fully expect everyone to call for his head after the first mistake.
Sorry about your damn luck!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hopefully Connors will inhabit that number 3 for the next 15 or 20 years, Maldini-style. Thought Cureton could have used number 10, mind
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Hopefully Connors will inhabit that number 3 for the next 15 or 20 years, Maldini-style. Thought Cureton could have used number 10, mind
Maybe his number is a lucky one? Too lazy to check the history at other clubs
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:
steeevooo wrote:Interesting that we don't have anybody allocated #11 - does this indicate another impending arrival?
Z.H
;)