Daggers article

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Personaly i like to hear when anybody who is a regular poster on here or any other Dagger i may know is under the weather or worse. Sorry if you think that is attention seeking, imo that is strikeing a bit below the belt and having enjoyed your past postings I would have thought you were a bigger Person then that.

At least me and Arnu have a further recruit to the cause of Medi being allowed to at least show his attributes. Yes he has been one of our widest Players but when he has come inside he looked like the Player he has always looked when he has done this in the past which under Still was far to rare. Medi is a footballer and was never suited to the style of the old Manager. Now we are playing football he is starting to show what he is capable of which i am convinced would be even better the more central he is.

That part of your blog i found very interesting and look forward to simular contributions but please can we leave out the petty snides at People who are less fortunate then you and me health wise as it is both unwarrented and not very nice.
USADAGGER nick

I thought it was a good article, albeit with a factual error, but coming from America where "journo's" write articles riddled with misinformation, it is a breath of fresh air to get a factually write ;) or one/two factual errors in it.

And merge, I love the insomnia club. Hope to use it one day bantering while I'm at work
rikyb

Mike the Dagger wrote:
leewilson wrote:If Nick posts that blog, people just kindly point out the factual error. Because it's Riky, Mike (who has previous with Riky) and 1-2 others have jumped on him like a pack of vultures.

I don't always agree with what Riky writes and his opinions but he has done absolutely nothing wrong here apart from producing an inaccuracy. Leave him alone.
Who's jumped on anyone? I think you need to read what has been said back Lee, as what was said about the article (not by me in the first case) was indeed gently pointing out a factual error (two in fact if you count that Saint Ricky obviously hasn't seen Medy Elito play this season).

The impression given, that John Still alone is responsible for all that Dagenham & Redbridge FC have ever achieved, was defended as being a necessary stretching of the truth due to word count restrictions which is total nonsense, it's just lazy writing by someone that is allegedly a professional journo and allegedly a fan of the club he's writing about.

The main difference between Nick and Ricky, is that Nick actually is a supporter of the club. It would be interesting to know when Ricky last paid to see the Daggers play a game.
Mike, everyone knows you have an issue with me. Your pettiness and dare I say it jealousy is frankly embarrassing for a man of your age. Get over yourself and move on.

For your information I have not paid to watch a Daggers game since the Play-Off final in 2010; one of the perks of my job. Sorry about that. Should I turn down the free entry just so I can say I am a real fan?

I admit that my work commitments now mean I am unable to watch the Daggers as often I would like but that doesn't mean I do not follow their progress. I am still a fan, just one who is unable to attend as many matches as I used to, and when I do it is purely for work purposes. Does that mean I am unable to comment on the club?

This all came about because I was asked to contribute an article on the Daggers revival and I was more than happy to do so. I have received positive feedback from the magazine and I am due to do more work for them in the future. Alas this may involve me being granted free entry to an upcoming game. Sacrilege.
rikyb

Auntie Merge wrote:
The 'insomnia club' isn't just about me; it was on another forum which has now closed. There are quite a lot of people who for one reason or another cant sleep and have no one to talk to. I am hoping that a few other people who were on that forum will come and post here.

And as to the person who posted 'woe is me sue'; when I am not at the games people ask where I am. The manager asked where I was. The fact I may not have been well is incidental to the fact that people notice my absence.

If anyone has read anything about my health they will know I have never posted for sympathy. Life has dealt me a hand of cards, it may not be the hand I chose, but I am damned sure I am going to play it to the best of my ability. If by raising awareness of my illness I have offended you then I apologise, but I promise you from my email inbox I can tell that I have helped far more people than I have offended.
I am not offended by your health posts. If it raises awareness then great. Good on you. What I am offended by however, is you saying I was posting my article simply to gain attention. Coming from you, as I have explained and as others have agreed with, is rich to say the least.
Mike the Dagger

rikyb wrote:jealousy
In your dreams maybe.
rechitski kinzhal

I have just read through this thread ..... it disgusts me. Clearly those people who were to blame for the demise of the old one are wasting no time in seeing this one goes the same way.
As someone who has an incurable health condition I find the comments ridiculing another fans health issues both pitiful and upsetting. And coming from a "professional football journalist" who wrote "I will leave you all in piece" leaves me speechless. You are about as welcome here as you are in Willington (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ivals.html).
rikyb

rechitski kinzhal wrote:I have just read through this thread ..... it disgusts me. Clearly those people who were to blame for the demise of the old one are wasting no time in seeing this one goes the same way.
As someone who has an incurable health condition I find the comments ridiculing another fans health issues both pitiful and upsetting. And coming from a "professional football journalist" who wrote "I will leave you all in piece" leaves me speechless. You are about as welcome here as you are in Willington (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ivals.html).
Hang on a minute pal. I never ridiculed anyone, I just found it ironic that someone always coming on here complaining of one ailment or another tells me I was posting for attention! Does that not strike you as being a little pot and kettle-ish?

As for me leaving in peace, well since then others have had a pop so I feel I have a right of reply. And the Willington thing is old news now and was actually misreported. Again, quite ironic baring in mind Mike's insistence of the facts. He was the first, as you may recall, to post that on the old forum. Irony is alive and well here alright.
DiggerDagger1

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Clearly those people who were to blame for the demise of the old one are wasting no time in seeing this one goes the same way.
Hang on, I've yet to say anything yet... :lol:

There seems to be many more options on this forum 'Add Friend' 'Add Foe' so I reckon it will be much easier to circumnavigate anyone who pisses you off!!
DiggerDagger1

rikyb wrote:I have not paid to watch a Daggers game since the Play-Off final in 2010
I am soooo jealous of you!! I'm going to have to throw myself off the Sieve roof because I can't live knowing this information!!

Sometimes Ego can make people complete arses. Just sometimes mind.
Mike the Dagger

rikyb wrote:the Willington thing.... was actually misreported
Oh really? Journo in claim that article is not factual shocker.

However, which bit of the Northallerton Town Press Officer's posting on an "official" club site was misreported exactly?

"Neanderthal" - check

Reference to being Inbred - check

"The Hills Have Eyes" - check

"annual day out from the local mental institute" - check
SUSSEX DAGGER

Calm down everybody Ricky is just warming up for Jeff Winter Saturday.
rechitski kinzhal

"BARING in mind, he wants to be left in PIECE", can someone really make a living as a journalist if they cannot spell some of the simplest words in English. I know it seems like I am kicking a man when he is down, but I am genuinely interested ...... is basic spelling not a pre-requisite of being a journalist. Typos are one thing, and all of us make mistakes, but surely spelling is important? Or am I being a dinosaur again?
NickMurphy

Topic locked as this is going nowhere.