Chesterfield (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Having sunk into a disappointing rut that has seen us lose five of our last seven league outings, one of the last teams we'd want to play at the minute would be second placed Chesterfield, especially as we are once again likely to be without our two leading goalscorers Josh Walker and Paul McCallum.

Chesterfield have a duo of comparable if not better quality in Danny Rowe and Kabongo Tshimanga, both of whom love a goal against us. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue today and we can bag a positive result to reignite our season once again.

COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

Is it on Mixlr today?

I usually get an email but nothing this week!
NBDag

Massive match and easily our hardest home game yet. Hopefully some of the floating fans from last week will be back, as it’s going to be hard to make it feel like a home match today.
Mark

Those two strikers are all wrong for our defence. If we concede fewer than 2 I'll be very pleasantly surprised. I think if you've got a decent big stopper then Rowe is stoppable as he doesn't work very hard and just wants headers or shots from distance. Tshimanga is very quick, he can be a real nuisance closing down and also run at people. I don't think we've got any hope of containing them unless we dominate midfield and stop them getting the ball.
McLeansvilleAppFan

daggersjeff wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:56 pm Is it on Mixlr today?

I usually get an email but nothing this week!
There was a post a few minutes ago so seems they will be commentary today.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well that really shows how shallow our squad is.

Our bench had two kids and a bloke who can't appear to get Into the the second worse side in the division, says it all.

Congratulations to the 14 who doned the shirt today thought you were fantastic. The effort and commitment was fabulous.

First 40 minutes did not know what all the hype about Chesterfield was. Obviously we poked a lion with a stick . Given our form and our squad problems how many of us would have taken the draw at 3pm.
?

Could have been so much more as once again 2 minutes of defensive madness cost us today. Sadly this team is not going to go anywhere unless the Manager wakes up and appreciate the problem that we have at Centte half.

Abysmal don't go near it . Don't care how good a footballers he thinks we have in our Centre backs that ain't no bloody good if they can't head it.
EssexDagger!

Agreed about needing a new commanding centre half, and until we do address that issue, we can forget about promotion or the play offs.
Those two goals today were criminal, the first another free header whilst defending a set piece, seems like without McCallum nobody else is interested in heading the ball, the second was a calamity show before Tshimanga managed to somehow beat Justham at his near post after Clarke finding himself in no mans land which turned out to be a regular occurrence for him
In that second half.

First half, i thought we was fantastic, especially without our 2 main strikers, dominated the midfield battle and Chesterfield’s back line was really struggling with George Saunders running at them, just a shame we was so off the boil second half and ended up dropping 2 pts.
stanton101

As been stated many times, the squad is far too thin. Looking past the 14 first teamers, there is absolutely nothing else to suggest we could bring on someone to change a game.
First half we could and should have been out of sight but yet another injury to Johnson really seemed to disrupt our flow. We looked nervous in possession and Clark did nothing to suggest otherwise in replacing Johnson.
Their goal came about from a header by a player who should have been sent off, long before he actually was. The equaliser was a shambles, but that said we should have still had the nouse to go and win the match. Considering the players that weren't available, it was a brave effort from the boys.
But those subs, wouldn't look out of place playing for a pub side on a Sunday morning.
Well done boys, you tried your best, but Daryl, for Christ sake, wake up man, you need players, pronto!
Mark

We can't keep going without signing a centre back surely? The three that started did a good job, although we know they always have a mistake in them. Even before Johnson went off I'd have liked someone more commanding but it was even more needed after that.

We had 5 first team players out today, plus Phipps, and then more went off injured. How many more players would people like us to have? I'd like a couple of quality loans from the football league but no point having 20+ permanent players.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Who got sent off after the final whistle ?
Markinfront

This game sums up the season in 90 minutes for me. In 14 games we have conceded in 12 of them. Score plenty but we do not have the game management needed to win games by narrow margins and our defence is not strong enough. We played very well in patches today then collapsed when the pressure came. A two goal lead at home must be turned into 3 pts. Hopefully not but it looks set to be a what might of been season unless personnel in defensive positions change. Frustrating.
Bluenose

Why is the pitch being watered before the game and at half time, the players were slipping about all over the place. In one first half comedy moment two of our players fell over simultaneously on the edge of the box, ending a promising attack.
Diggerthedog

The boys were brilliant first half but you could see most were running on empty come 60 mins. The replacement back ups are just not good enough for this level, the new striker is crap couldn’t trap a bag of sand. I look a Clarke and think how the he’ll have we given this guy another year, scandalous really he is past it and can’t pass it.

We don’t need loads of new players just one or two, a massive centre back like every single team has in this league is a must and proven but goals we concede from set pieces.

Would have taken a point if offered before the game given all the players missing and we’re only 5 off the top but the squad needs some tweaks if we want to keep pace.

We need more fans to turn up or the owners might reduce the budget, the 2000 that turned up last week must have fallen into a sink hole. Crap crowd for such an important game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:20 pm The boys were brilliant first half but you could see most were running on empty come 60 mins. The replacement back ups are just not good enough for this level, the new striker is crap couldn’t trap a bag of sand. I look a Clarke and think how the he’ll have we given this guy another year, scandalous really he is past it and can’t pass it.

We don’t need loads of new players just one or two, a massive centre back like every single team has in this league is a must and proven but goals we concede from set pieces.

Would have taken a point if offered before the game given all the players missing and we’re only 5 off the top but the squad needs some tweaks if we want to keep pace.

We need more fans to turn up or the owners might reduce the budget, the 2000 that turned up last week must have fallen into a sink hole. Crap crowd for such an important game.
The missing fans , most were at Boreham Wood watching Southend
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:20 pm The boys were brilliant first half but you could see most were running on empty come 60 mins. The replacement back ups are just not good enough for this level, the new striker is crap couldn’t trap a bag of sand. I look a Clarke and think how the he’ll have we given this guy another year, scandalous really he is past it and can’t pass it.

Strange one that, considering West Ham don't play until Tomorrow. I was expecting around 2k tbh.