Match Thread - Daggers 3-0 Romford

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

After having this idea suggested to me by another member, I've decided to trial run the idea of having a match thread for every game, where everyone can post there views, predictions etc. After the game I will update the thread title so it contains the final score.

I believe this is an important game for us and good timing for it too. It doesn't matter too much about the score (although I would hope we could beat Romford) it's more about letting some good players who haven't had much of a chance recently fight for a place in the team for the game against Hartlepool.

My team would be:

Seabright

Doe, Wilkinson, Gayle, Connors
Saunders, Bingham
Shields
Woodall, Dickson, Scott

With a view to bring on three of - Ogogo (at Right Back), Femi, Elito, Dennis, Obafemi

I will be there tomorrow night and will post some updates on here for those not going
FullMetalDagger

(from other thread)

Anderson
(youth) Gayle, Wilko, (youth)
Saunders, Shields, (youth)
Dennis, Scott, Woodall

note- we may field a slightly stronger squad. but knowing what ESC games usually look like, I suspect close to this.

I shall also be down there. it's a shame we cant get highlights of these games on Daggers player, or at least YouTube.
I don't know if the club video the games. but i don't think I've ever seen anyone up in the nest for ESC.
NickMurphy

First home ESC game I'll have missed in a while tonight, hope we get the win and are drawn at home again in the next round!
Phippo

FullMetalDagger wrote:(from other thread)

Anderson
(youth) Gayle, Wilko, (youth)
Saunders, Shields, (youth)
Dennis, Scott, Woodall

note- we may field a slightly stronger squad. but knowing what ESC games usually look like, I suspect close to this.

I shall also be down there. it's a shame we cant get highlights of these games on Daggers player, or at least YouTube.
I don't know if the club video the games. but i don't think I've ever seen anyone up in the nest for ESC.
Wouldn't argue with that.
IanC

2up
IanC

3 up
admin
Site Admin

Final score Dagenham and Redbridge 3-0 Romford

Scorers - Dickson x2, Goldberg
HogansHeros

Matt - what sort of a prospect is Goldberg?
FullMetalDagger

Goldberg took his goal very well. not a bad run out.

Big crowd for the ESC too!
matt_drfc

How did the youngsters look tonight? and I saw that Saunders picked up an injury in the warm-up, hope it's not serious.
6footdagger

I think tonight was a good opportunity to give our youngsters a run out. I was particularly impressed by Goldberg and Dickson tonight, although tbh the opposition may as well not have been there apart from a spell in the second half. Fair play to them though for bringing 114 fans with them.
ARNU

Very impressed with Ferguson(No15)and Goldberg.All the youngsters did well and Sean Shields was like a little Jack Russell chasing every ball.Daggers bossed the game from start to finish and it was good to see some of the youth coming through.I thought Femi did well and Im pleased he captained the winning team.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

6footdagger wrote:I think tonight was a good opportunity to give our youngsters a run out. I was particularly impressed by Goldberg and Dickson tonight, although tbh the opposition may as well not have been there apart from a spell in the second half. Fair play to them though for bringing 114 fans with them.
Mostly echo this really. For those asking Goldberg looked like a decent prospect. I think a bit more time out on loan for him would be excellent for him. I liked the way we made the most of the game, no long ball and short passing and moving throughout. Good stuff. Also fair play to Romford for taking 114 down tonight.
daggersjeff

Was good seeing a couple of the youngsters getting a run tonight. Thought Shields was a different class last night, maybe with Saunders injury(anyone know the extent?) he may get a run in the first team. He deserves it on last nights showing. Bradley Goldberg really impressed as well and topped his night with a fine goal, showing why he is 2nd top scorer in the conference south!! Also thought Ian Gayle had a solid game, but did get caught out a couple of times late on.
On the downside, Brian Woodall had another poor game and I really think that its time for him to move on ( even if its on loan). Same has to be said for Josh unfortunately. Dixon took his goals well but I thought he was a little lazy and our No 15 (Shane Ferguson?) bears a striking resemblance in his style to Medy.

The draw is around 4.30pm on Thursday. I quite fancy Harlow next round.
ARNU

Yeah Id agree Woodall,Josh and Dixon all looked a bit lethargic.They weren't arsed most of the time just cruised.Probably why none of them can get a start.Femi should be starting over Connors now though.I'm sure Wayne is doing this little experiment to fire him up as he did peter out towards last seasons end.Im sure he'll take the chance with both hands now.Femi Femi Femi !!!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !