Cureton Signs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

I was only saying today that what keeps a supporter going during the pre season is the occasional piece of good news.

Up to now it has been dreadful.

This is a great signing. As someone said earlier, find another proven goalscorer who is willing to accept our salary structure and you are a genius.

I have seen this guy over the past ten years or so and he always seemed to score. Remember his goal against us last season.

This signing gives us a chance of staying up, because until we do something with our defence, then how will we be any better at set pieces?

The first piece of good news (IMO).
bloke down the pub

USADAGGER nick wrote:Do you think will put him out wide, or is this more of a signing signaling we are going to a 4-4-2?

Put him out wide , if he wants to move inside he can use his bus pass.
Lcbdagger

Can see Goldberg going out wide as he apparently did so for quite a bit of his time at Bromley... as Gayle also did when on Loan and baning in them in for fun... just hope he doesn't turn in to an Azeez where we play him out of position and wonder why he doesn't have 20 goals by Christmas!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:Can see Goldberg going out wide as he apparently did so for quite a bit of his time at Bromley... as Gayle also did when on Loan and baning in them in for fun... just hope he doesn't turn in to an Azeez where we play him out of position and wonder why he doesn't have 20 goals by Christmas!
Interesting thought as we went after him. Not looking forward to Wimbledon as I think we will see just what he is about when he goes down the middle ,perhaps it was not just all about money that he turned us down.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Jamie Cureton's career is longer than Jack Connors' life
Last edited by AVincelotFlyingLeap on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
matt_drfc

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Jamie Cureton's career is longer than Jack Connor's life
Jack Connors + Jon Nouble + 1 Year = Jamie Cureton :lol:
USADAGGER nick

Is this a signing more for his talent or for his experience, with as little experience our other strikers have
searmh

Brilliant signing for us...didn't think it would happen, experience and proven goalscorer, couldn't be happier
IanC

Yep agreed super signing,brings great experience to our young team.Has he said wayne can lean on him to bring the best out of said youngsters.You can tell he is relaxed,he's now closer to family and i think he'll be great for us on and off the pitch.And do the doubters about signing someone of that age,i give you mark stein,although a lot of the moaners bandwagons probably hadnt rolled in by then.
ThatRoundThing

Message to MR Darren Currie, take a leaf out of Jamie's book, get your boots on over May and Bakers, a few weeks intensive training and you could solve our wide player situation. Now that I would like to see !!
Lcbdagger

Haha Currie would be or Pirlo noe. Never miss a pass and you would never get the ball off him.

Azeez playing alongside ' the beast' next season will be interesting. They could have a sniff of promotion if Tubbs hits the ground running too