bromley

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

anyone know the score or any info on today's game.
Diggerthedog

IanC wrote:anyone know the score or any info on today's game.
Won 1 nil, Alan Connell score in the 12th Minute.
PaulHornchurch

Typical first game of the season. Two different sides except Doe who played 65 mins, and Conners who came back on for last 15 or so.

First view of 2 new keepers, impressed with O'Brian just a couple of dodgy kicks.

Back four in first half of Batt, Doe, Saah, Conners all looked comfortable.

The goalscorer worked hard and looks worth further game time.

Goldberg also worked hard, and I really think if we can be patient he will score goals.

Overall seemed okay, Shields and Elito didn't feature due to injury

On to Maidstone Tuesday
Lcbdagger

A shame there was no Shields today... will struggle to get a look in this year after last season if he misses too many pre-season games

No Chambers either? Is he injured already?
PaulHornchurch

Back problem picked up in training yesterday, nothing serious but not to be aggregated on hard pitch, will poss sit out Tuesday as 3G pitch
Lcbdagger

Any other trialists set the world alight? Wonder if there will be different faces by the next game

Any idea if Wilkinson is injured or is he not featuring after being transfer listed?
matt_drfc

Apparently 4 important players didn't train due to hard pitches, I'd assume 2 of those being Chambers and Elito
TheLion

Is Rhys Murphy still with us? I have not heard anything about him for months! Apologies if he has moved on and it has just passed me by, but no sign of him at Bromley today.

I noticed that Damian Scannell played for Bromley today.
USADAGGER nick

I believe that he has had two hip operations and is a question to be ready for the season
Diggerthedog

Chambers mrs had a baby yesterday looking at his tweets.
TommyD&R

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JiL1yUF5Rq4
Highlights for anyone whos bothered. Not sure if its biased because its on bromleys channel but by the look of these highlights they shouldve beat us. Also think its brilliant that one of our 2nd half subs turned out if a different kit to the rest of the team, classic dagenham.
Lcbdagger

TommyD&R wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JiL1yUF5Rq4
Highlights for anyone whos bothered. Not sure if its biased because its on bromleys channel but by the look of these highlights they shouldve beat us. Also think its brilliant that one of our 2nd half subs turned out if a different kit to the rest of the team, classic dagenham.
Hmmm so we scored a goal then didn't have another shot all game?

Didn't go but looked like a better team would have beaten us... especially when they broke from one of our corners half way through! We still seem to let a million balls come in to the box tat we can't deal with.

Took the goal well though and both keepers looked solid
matt_drfc

Going by those highlights, that was definitely biased lol, no way did we only had 3/4 shots all game! That 2nd half XI have never played with each other and mostly fringe players anyway, so couldn't expect a lot. Noticed Connell looked like he wanted to get stuck in and got in the right position for the goal. That Pykes who played RB second half, played CM v East Thurrock in ESC last season and looked quite good, scored aswell. Need to get to one of these pre-season games to see what the new players/trialists are like!
Lcbdagger

Great to see Pykes get an outing after the ESC last season... shame there wasn't a chance to see how Nouble is progressing
Dagdale

Rather than start a new thread feel might as well use this one as its all pre season friendlies, heading down to Ebbsfleet United tomorrow and hopefully find a new look daggers running a good unit now with all these new players and getting ready for the big kick off, anyone else venturing? Certainly good weather for a few jars, and put me hopes up after an eventful couple of weeks on losing some of our better players. Its going to be quite a big test now for this coming season, really hope it works out well.