Hoyte likely to sign

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PaulHornchurch

For Port Vale tonight or tomorrow
matt_drfc

Heard that Gavin Hoyte could be trialling for Southend tomorrow. Obviously not good enough for Port Vale :lol:
shrimperama

Is he any good? Last time we had someone from arsenal stock he was dog snizzle
AVincelotFlyingLeap

shrimperama wrote:Is he any good? Last time we had someone from arsenal stock he was dog snizzle
He's great, he can really cross a ball. Runs all day. Really solid right back. Do you still have that Clohessy fellow? He was also very good, be a shame if you have the both of them
Lcbdagger

Sometimes he can lack a bit of positional awareness, but against a striker who doesn't have Oxlade-Chamberlain or Walcott pace, you really notice how quick he is... surprised he couldn't get a League One move, having left
shrimperama

Played 30 mins tonight and didn't stand out but tbf the billercay pitch was poor.

We have John white as regular right back and is captain so not sure we need him.

Clohessy went north of the border last season and now plays for col u having just signed.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Who remembers those S** Headlines . The Lads to lead us to World Cup Glory.

He was one of them and after he found himself here you would have thought there was not a lot lower he could plummet, then he ends up at Southend.

Times running out for billy big testicles, is he destined to be another out of work footballer with delusion of grander.
Lcbdagger

Surely he wouldn't have run down his contract, even after the international call-up unless an agent or someone close had told him a move to a higher division club was there for him? If he had signed on with us again and a League 1 or Championship team came in for him, he would have known that we aren't a team to stop players moving onwards and upwards.

Really strange if he ends up at Southend now, unless there a personal conflict with the manager. would be suprised if he is offered than one-year with anyone.
ARNU

I liked him a lot at first,felt he was dropped by Stilly unfairly as he did ok.Think he was an ok RB by daggers standards but none of us thought he was ever as good as Abs in that position.Last season always looked angry,got sent off v pike...sorry Southend but was really our only option for RB now Abs plays in midfield.Playing v Messi obviously gone to his head.Wont make 1st team at the mighty Shrimps I wouldn't have thought.Still he was in ours all last season and was part of the team that beat them twice and drew once.Actually we beat them without him after he got sent off.Bet he stays with us,we're the only ones who'll have him probably.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:I liked him a lot at first,felt he was dropped by Stilly unfairly as he did ok.Think he was an ok RB by daggers standards but none of us thought he was ever as good as Abs in that position.Last season always looked angry,got sent off v pike...sorry Southend but was really our only option for RB now Abs plays in midfield.Playing v Messi obviously gone to his head.Wont make 1st team at the mighty Shrimps I wouldn't have thought.Still he was in ours all last season and was part of the team that beat them twice and drew once.Actually we beat them without him after he got sent off.Bet he stays with us,we're the only ones who'll have him probably.
He wont sign for us now, already have his replacement.
matt_drfc

Yeah I really doubt we'll re-sign him with Batt signed, better ways to spend the money I.e a forward or 2 or 3
shrimperama

Looks like we have seen enough of hoyte and he has been told to look elsewhere.
Mark

It would be very funny if he ended up in the conference.
mickeyblue

with the shrimps! yeah be hillhairyarse
but we finished 9th!
dagger4eva

Im hearing that none other than Dominc Green is now trialling with the oh so mighty shrimpers.

What do you reckon, tomorrow they'll give a go to Dave Hogan???