FC Torreveija next Saturday.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PaulHornchurch

A one off, best day return flights at mom are £240. Out at 9am, return 9.40pm. Anybody found anything cheaper ??
Dagger83

I can't believe people are seriously considering travelling to Spain for the day to see a glorified training session against a Spanish non-league team. I can't be arsed to travel the 50 miles to Dagenham to watch a pre-season friendly.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
redboy

Call yourself a supporter !!!!

I'm surprised we're not running all inclusive packages so we can stop over and watch the World Cup Final too
Diggerthedog

Dagger83 wrote:I can't believe people are seriously considering travelling to Spain for the day to see a glorified training session against a Spanish non-league team. I can't be arsed to travel the 50 miles to Dagenham to watch a pre-season friendly.
Any excuse for a piss up!
Daggers No 2 Fan

There are people considering spending in the region of £300 to go a watch a friendly?? Well I guess those people can't really complain about our ticket prices then as they're clearly able to afford it.

That is mental.
redboy

Surely when it comes to supporting The Daggers, money is no object. If you were daggers no.1 fan, you would have flogged your PS4 on ebay by now and be practicing "uno cerveza por favor" by now
Daggers No 2 Fan

Money no object? Hell no. I've got much better things to spend money on than flying to Spain to watch a friendly for a day. I'm frankly amazed that isn't the case for everyone.
USADAGGER nick

Just think, if they ever have a European competition for 4th tier teams, this may be a competitive match someday, and we should use it as a bench mark to where we stand in europe
PaulHornchurch

Two games in Europe in one season, this carries on it'll be like following one of the big four
matt_drfc

Good luck to anyone going, hope you enjoy it. If someone's in a position to be able to do that then that's their business, don't think anyone should be questioning it tbh..
ARNU

Shame its not in October,I'll be staying just round the corner at Villamartin.Flights only £80 return.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

matt_drfc wrote:Good luck to anyone going, hope you enjoy it. If someone's in a position to be able to do that then that's their business, don't think anyone should be questioning it tbh..
Opinions on a forum, who'd have thought it?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
matt_drfc

Dagger83 wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Good luck to anyone going, hope you enjoy it. If someone's in a position to be able to do that then that's their business, don't think anyone should be questioning it tbh..
Opinions on a forum, who'd have thought it?
I know, unimaginable
Dagdale

Seriously though wonder if anybody is venturing?? If it wasn't for the fact was over there a couple of weeks back if some of the lads down daggers way were up for it I'd fancy it. Remember travelling over to Le Havre for something so stupid as the cross channel cup in the 80's when dear old David Webb was the Chelsea manager, ferry from Newhaven, one hell of a beano, met by the biggest coppers with size 15 boots I've ever seen CRS or something, great crack when you're on the slash with mates.
Simmo

Change of opponents now as per the title.

I't's not just the flight thats expensive either; it costs around £40 each way from the airport in a cab to get to the ground where it's being played and that's not including the hotels which are from £60 a night.

I've been to all our oversea's games (Germany, Ireland and Isle of wight - does Canvey count?) and have decided to fork out (Easyjet) so I'll text someone in the UK who can tweet which will be cheaper.