Lewington No 2 at Colchester

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
PaulHornchurch

Chris has signed today as no 2
IanC

no.2!!!pointless move,2/3 years of no.1 first team action and then back on the sidelines to a team not much better than us.Might as well have stayed and kept playing and grow reputation,so that when he moved he was gauranteed no.1 jersey wherever he went.
Adrian

Can't see anything that says he's gone there just to be no 2. Everything I've read says he's gone there to push their other keeper.

He's got himself a 3 year deal and is probably getting paid more.

Let's be honest if he'd stuck around, he'd have just had to put up with the constant whining about him being a League 2 standard goalkeeper playing for a League 2 club.

Good luck to him -is that the second player that some wrote off as having to drop down when they left us to have joined a club higher than us instead?
Lcbdagger

Good move for him... bags of talent and years for him to improve but we didn't lose a championship level keeper... He was good at league two but no better despite the potential
ARNU

Financially Im sure this gives him stability and a decent wage.I hope he improves because if he dosent he'll be found out pretty soon Id imagine.Maybe they've got a kicking coach there.The other guy is gonna have to be a calamity to let him get No1 spot though.I saw nothing that suggested he was much more than a conf/lg2 keeper I'm afraid.Good luck to him though,maybe the change will help him make the necessary improvements.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

It all goes back to my point, he was a kid when we signed him probably lived at home with Mum and Dad like we all did paid about 5% of our wages a week to mum and thought we were being robbed. Now he is that much older and his life circumstsnces have changed.

Even if he is only back up they could do worse and dare say he is earning a few extra bob a week . Good luck to him like most dont think he will pull up any trees but sounds like The Lad has done alright for himself.