Zav & Gav

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

dagger4eva

Surprised, no.
Disappointed, yes... particularly with Hoyte.

Onwards n upwards!!
searmh

disappointing news to be honest especially as we seem to have been left in the air by both, looking at new player signing but what if they decided to return if they find nowt better? will contracts still be on table come start of the season?
matt_drfc

They will be back if it comes to the end of July and they have no club.
Dagdale

I'd look at it like this- If those two or any others really feel for this club they'd sign, end of story.
searmh

i suppose we should have them back if noone wants them but my concern is the wage bill if we are already looking to bring in replacements
Lcbdagger

No worries or surprises with this... Hoyte is an international now and has probably spoken to people while he has been away. Batt will be a more than adequate replacement. Certainly wouldn't have brought him in to sit on the bench.

Hines was always going to go... the fact he has been injured has put him back a bit but if he had been fully fit all season then nobody would have expected him to not look further up the league
USADAGGER nick

I'm wondering how many people would be unhappy if Zavs came back. I certainly would love for him to be back
matt_drfc

USADAGGER nick wrote:I'm wondering how many people would be unhappy if Zavs came back. I certainly would love for him to be back
100% I would have him back! Can't blame him for keeping his options open, I mean who would accept a contract from Dagenham in June, hopefully Burnett keeps the door open for him.

Hoyte on the other hand, can ****** off, 6 weeks without contacting the manager, big time now he's an international star.

Potentially 4 new signings coming, centre mid, 2 wingers, striker, squad wouldn't be too bad then..
SUSSEX DAGGER

Cant see many forming a que to sign a player last seen on crutches.

He has failed at a higher level in the past so cant see anybody above League one level being interested.

When you look at the face of it how many Clubs can afford to sign a player that could well break down again and wont be fit we were told until October. That assessment came from the Daggers treatment room were a couple of weeks is normally a quarter of the season .

If he does sign the Manager says he will be one of the biggest earners, that's a risk in itself as we could be left with a player who is finished.

To much of a risk in my book until he proves he is fit enough.
ARNU

****** 'em both.Gavs played with Messi for 10 mins and now gone all Charlie big spud,good luck to him at Ebbsfleet or wherever he ends up,I don't want to watch a team where the players don't want to play.Its bad enough we lose the decent ones every season but totally understandable if they are good enough.Nobody should shed a tear when a crap one goes though.Zav...well...we cant have players holding us to ransom especially injured ones that were pretty shit after a few games anyway.Bet his phone is ringing off the hook with offers from the conference.Story of his career that.Good at 1st then shit then dropped then injured then moves somewhere else.Nah ****** 'em both.Batt,Green and Chambers will want to play,lets support them.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Do people understand contracts? Zav signed for a year, he owes us nothing and is therefore perfectly within his rights to be looking. Doesn't look good on Hoyte's part however to just not get back to the club either way
Adrian

This thread is great.

Hines doesn't seemed to have ever really wanted to commit himself to the club and that's all fine by some.
But Hoyte, who did at least initially commit himself gets abused based on one comment by the manager, when Id be surprised if anyone actually knows the full facts.

For example, how much attempt at communication was there to Hoyte, or was he just left to decide.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:This thread is great.

Hines doesn't seemed to have ever really wanted to commit himself to the club and that's all fine by some.
But Hoyte, who did at least initially commit himself gets abused based on one comment by the manager, when Id be surprised if anyone actually knows the full facts.

For example, how much attempt at communication was there to Hoyte, or was he just left to decide.
Yep it's fine by me with Zav :)
ARNU

Of course as Adrian says Zav signed and fulfilled his one year contract and is free to move on to bigger and better things but Im not sure we should be there just in case it goes wrong for him every time.He's turned us down so let him go.Close the door,get someone else.

Personally I cant see either of them going much higher,certainly not hoyte but probably they'll get more money to sit on a bench somewhere.They have families to feed so I don't blame them.But I do think we should never let any player hold the club and us to ransom.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !