Chambers returns

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
OBD

Useful player to have in the squad. If Hines signs then we have 4 wide men in Hines, Elito, Shields and Chambers. All of whom can do a job in the middle off of Murphy as well.
@OfficialBigDave
NickMurphy

Agree with Adrian for what its worth, quite an underwhelming signing for me, although given a pre-season with us and a proper run from the off, something that probably depends on the Hines situation, and he might turn out to be pretty decent.

Still, an "ok" signing.
ARNU

Id rather have a player that wants to be here.Has Zav the mercenary made his mind up yet or is he waiting for his call up from the premiership still ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

In all fairness to Zavon... surely after 1st July we won't be paying his wages if he hasn't signed on again for us... we will (possibly) only be picking up a bill to get him fit
Lcbdagger

Fully with Adrian on this one (had to check that comment twice)

The 'proven League Two player' idea makes no sense... If we had signed Mo Sharif, Cameron Lancaster or Jonathan Miles after loan spells then the 'who do you expect us to sign' idea would have been equally silly.

No problems at all signing a player we previously had on Loan if he had done anything (I stress 'anything') in the games he played for us to identify himself as a player we needed to sign. 60 or 70 decent minutes in 6 Loan games didn't cry out to many that the player needed to return this season.

Interesting too that we now have a strong wide unit (allegedly) that includes Chambers and a player in Sean Shields who wouldn't have been put in to our starting 11 last season by the manager if the whole team had gone down with food poisoning
dagger4eva

Just to go against Adrians general consesus of opinion of this forum l actually kind of agree with the point he was trying to make - even if calling it the least exciting signing ever was hugely o.t.t.

Wasnt impressed at all with him in his very short loan spell HOWEVER since he's now a full time, fully fledged dagger he gets my absolute support and hope the stability of being with us permanently allows him to show what hes made of.
Phippo

I was quite impressed with him . He looked like he wanted to play for us and I was surprised that he wasn't getting games at Cambridge.He appears a better signing then Wayne was and that doesn't look too bad a signing now! :D
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:Just to go against Adrians general consesus of opinion of this forum l actually kind of agree with the point he was trying to make - even if calling it the least exciting signing ever was hugely o.t.t.

Wasnt impressed at all with him in his very short loan spell HOWEVER since he's now a full time, fully fledged dagger he gets my absolute support and hope the stability of being with us permanently allows him to show what hes made of.
If it's so ott, maybe you could list some less exciting signings then?
Mark

Paul Salmon?
dagger4eva

If actually cared to take the time out to think out about im sure l could reel off 100 signings that were either equally or less exciting than Chambers.

The 1st name that cropped into my mind however was the chap who signed for us last season, was bombed out by a couple of clubs n came to play for us for free. Now that was someone l wasnt excited about.
ThatRoundThing

I am pretty sure that most DAGENHAM supporters don't really expect exciting signings given our resources.
In the main we get our signings from a few Leagues below I.e Benson, Danny Green, Gale, Woodall, Reed and so on.
Some prove great signings and get the club much needed sell on revenue in order to survive, others turn out to be donkeys.
It's what the manager and coaching staff do with these "rough diamonds" that counts in the end.
I think the jury is out on Chambers at the moment although the fact that Cambridge released him does worry me somewhat.
Signing Edmonds with a broken leg to me rates as one of the worst signings.
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:If actually cared to take the time out to think out about im sure l could reel off 100 signings that were either equally or less exciting than Chambers.

The 1st name that cropped into my mind however was the chap who signed for us last season, was bombed out by a couple of clubs n came to play for us for free. Now that was someone l wasnt excited about.
And yet without taking time and thinking about it, you can't list 100 signings that were less exciting, which rather proves my point really.
That's a fantastic cop out from you given your response to me in the worst players thread.
Adrian

Mark wrote:Paul Salmon?

Turned out to be rubbish, but having never seen him play for us, there was at least some intrigue as to what he could be like.
Adrian

ThatRoundThing wrote:I am pretty sure that most DAGENHAM supporters don't really expect exciting signings given our resources.
In the main we get our signings from a few Leagues below I.e Benson, Danny Green, Gale, Woodall, Reed and so on.
Some prove great signings and get the club much needed sell on revenue in order to survive, others turn out to be donkeys.
It's what the manager and coaching staff do with these "rough diamonds" that counts in the end.
I think the jury is out on Chambers at the moment although the fact that Cambridge released him does worry me somewhat.
Signing Edmonds with a broken leg to me rates as one of the worst signings.
The signings of the likes of Benson, Green and so on were exciting.
They were inexperienced players with potential make something of themselves. There was a risk that they wouldn't work out, but there was also a chance that they'd do well.

Signing someone who has already played for us, and couldn't get games at a lower level having been released by a League 2 club just has no excitement to it at all.
steeevooo

The re-signing of Dominic Green?