Chambers returns

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Hmmm... Our player so can't moan on day one but not jumping up and down at this one.
oddsi

How uninspiring is this signing.....................
matt_drfc

He showed glimpses of what he can do, quite hard in 6(?) games.. He definitely runs well with the ball, I'd like to see him behind the striker if I'm honest. Hopefully this doesn't mean he's a replacement for Hines though. Assuming Hoyte and Hines do stay, another Goalkeeper, left back, centre mid, striker x2 needed I think..
Lcbdagger

It's certainly the kind of signing you don't announce when an early bird season ticket deal if expiring... wasn't dissapointed by him on Loan but certainly didn't see anything that suggested we would look to bring him back in this year
matt_drfc

Had a feeling when we brought him in on loan that we might be looking at him in the summer as his contract was up at Cambridge
redboy

Think he had about one decent game. If that's the standard Wayne is looking at god help us.
ARNU

He was alright,manager must see something there offering a 2 yr deal.At least he wants to play for us.Give him a chance Id say.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

I think this may just be the least exciting signing we've ever made. I guess the old bloke who stood near me that seemed to be convinced that Chambers was a kid that had never got a go at Football League level will be happy, but that will be about it.

I have absolutely no idea what he offered in his loan spell to deserve a two year deal. He was just another in a list of wingers with no end product.
Mikins

The usual negativity on here is overwhelming. Played 5 games and didn't score or assist in 5 goals? Must be shit obviously. couldn't contribute anything with a full Pre season to gel with his team mates properly or anything. Burnett out!

Sigh.
Sorry about your damn luck!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Saw him at bury. Was ok. Better than Edgar, Turgott and Azeez. Can't see him starting too many games though.
Diggerthedog

Agreed mikins. Season is two months away and people are already negative, why do people bother reading the official site expecting news of us signing a proven league two winger? Not gonna happen folks.

Waiting for the should of not gone to Spain so we could have signed someone better comment.
Adrian

The usual ability of some on here to be completely unable to understand the views of others on here is at it's brilliant best.

"Oh, someone isn't excited by a signing, I'm going to assume they want something that they've in no way actually said".
"Oh, no-one has said a player is shit, but because they've not jumped up and down about him signing, they must actually think he is"

It's not surprising that this place is so quiet when it seems to be so unacceptable for some opinions to be expressed.

We've announced the signing of a player we've already seen play a few games for us, in which he offered very little. I don't see what there is to be excited in that.
That doesn't mean I expect us to sign a proven League 2 player. If anything, the prospect and potential of a player that hasn't had a an opportunity at this level would be exciting. A player that has had a go at this level and not really done much isn't very exciting.

But, I digress. In oredr to fit in, I'm really very excited by this signing and can't wait to see Chambo tearing defences apart.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:The usual ability of some on here to be completely unable to understand the views of others on here is at it's brilliant best.

"Oh, someone isn't excited by a signing, I'm going to assume they want something that they've in no way actually said".
"Oh, no-one has said a player is shit, but because they've not jumped up and down about him signing, they must actually think he is"

It's not surprising that this place is so quiet when it seems to be so unacceptable for some opinions to be expressed.

We've announced the signing of a player we've already seen play a few games for us, in which he offered very little. I don't see what there is to be excited in that.
That doesn't mean I expect us to sign a proven League 2 player. If anything, the prospect and potential of a player that hasn't had a an opportunity at this level would be exciting. A player that has had a go at this level and not really done much isn't very exciting.

But, I digress. In oredr to fit in, I'm really very excited by this signing and can't wait to see Chambo tearing defences apart.
Playing the victim as usual I see. I'm expressing my opinion at your comments and you come back with this :lol:
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:The usual ability of some on here to be completely unable to understand the views of others on here is at it's brilliant best.

Playing the victim as usual I see. I'm expressing my opinion at your comments and you come back with this :lol:
Where have you expressed an opinion on my comment? I'll help you at. You haven't. This is an example of expressing an opinion on someones comments.
"I think diggerthedogs comments are utterly stupid"

What you've done is your usual response to someone not saying something positive and ignore what was actually said in order to try and make a stupid point, followed up by your stupid comment on the Spain thing., which just further foes to show that you ignore anything you don't want to see.

You really need to stop trying to blindly defend so much. Especially when your record of doing it is so bad. See the comments on use of loan players as an example. Like I said, it ain't surprising that it's so dead on here when numpties like you jump on any comment that isn't in full support of everything Burnett does.
USADAGGER nick

Diggerthedog wrote:Agreed mikins. Season is two months away and people are already negative, why do people bother reading the official site expecting news of us signing a proven league two winger? Not gonna happen folks.

Waiting for the should of not gone to Spain so we could have signed someone better comment.

So true. #believeinwayne