Out the cup Embarrassing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Fans will always have favourites but I do feel some players get a pass whilst others are jumped on immediately. Luque has had some good moments for us but he's had a few stinkers too. Is that the manager's fault? Maybe but none of us know.
Diggerthedog

Luque had one bad game at Torquay and was immediately dropped, Brundle and Graham had a few bad games and were kept in regardless.

When we went on the recent unbeaten run most of the team was enforced due to injuries yet when everyone was available the manager could not pick a winning formula. Funny that.
Mike the Dagger

Wow. What a load of nonsense most of this thread is.

We lost to a team who are doing OK in their league on a plastic pitch and who were the architypal FA Cuip banana skin. The 4-0 defeat on Tuesday mentioned above somewhere was in the Surrey Cup, so totally irrelevant to form I would suggest.

For most of the game we were on top, but as usual were struggling to convert that into goals. Their first goal was a horrible defensive mess, and when we levelled we had gone all out for it and then didn't shore up the back and accept the replay which was the minimum we deserved.

On individual players:

Liam Gordon - decent prospect but isn't a great defender especially when a full back in a back 4. Better as a wing back or maybe even further forward. Was at fault for their first goal. Gets a free pass from the fans though.

Joe Quigley - decent target man, holds the ball up pretty well generally finds someone in the same shirt and wins a lot of headers, but is not going to score hatfuls of goals. Kept putting the ball in good places off headers but Balanta in particular did not look like he was not even trying to get on the end of them. Gets total abuse from the fans whatever he does.

Angelo Balanta - The best footballer in the team by some distance but has days where he just disappears. Did so on Saturday.

Joan Luque - I concur with Alan, he's a much better player in people's heads than he is in reality. Lots of tricks and skills but very little by way of end product.

We are missing the organisation that Kenny Clark brings to our defence and Harry Phipps also makes a big difference to how we play.

Taylor knows the key piece missing at the moment is a regular goal threat like Wilko was in the second half of last season. I've had a look on Amazon though and can't find a packet of "instant 20+ goal a season National League striker" we can just add water too and stir so I guess we'll have to keep looking for now.

Meanwhile, Saturday home to Wrexham is a much bigger game than this was, as nice as a cup run can be. Lets get behind the team and move on.
lupins

100% agree Mike on every point

Liam Gordon had a shocker Saturday poor defending and worse crossing
Balanta is a superb player but not Saturday it was his poor pass that lost us possession and set them off for the winner
Quigley is a target man and is doing ok at that but yes we obviously need a forward who will strike fear into defenders
Luque needs to produce consistently he clearly has the talent

Saturday was poor but in the main i blame the players who turned out. The Manager and staff I am sure prepared properly though as ever you can always in hindsight argue about selection, substitutions etc

One thing for sure a number of people here dont rate the Manager. Fair enough buts its pretty tedious to hear the deafening silence when we are going on an 11 game run then the usual suspect's come out when it goes wrong

Get behind the Team Saturday thats when you pull together when times are hard
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am Wow. What a load of nonsense most of this thread is.

Meanwhile, Saturday home to Wrexham is a much bigger game than this was, as nice as a cup run can be. Lets get behind the team and move on.
You shall not have an opinion and must obey.

Where did they put they North Korean flag?
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:56 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am Wow. What a load of nonsense most of this thread is.

You shall not have an opinion and must obey.

Where did they put they North Korean flag?
Woosh!

You are welcome to your opinion, and I am (presumably) welcome to mine.
Diggerthedog

Of course Michael free country and all that :thumbu:
DaggerJoel11

Here's my player ratings and reaction from Saturday's defeat to Carshalton:
https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... -daggers-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mike the Dagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:07 pm Here's my player ratings and reaction from Saturday's defeat to Carshalton:
https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... -daggers-1
Decent summary Joel.

I would worry about Carshalton hosting a big game in that ground though. The Stewarding was non existant, and I'm not sure how they would segregate.
A S dagger97

So Carshalton got a drawn home tie vs Boston Utd, we missed out on a chance to play the scum
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!