Football Rumours

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

The way Murphy links the play was a godsend for us last season not to mention his goals.

I think him and the obvious early bonus of Hines led us to believe we were a bit better than we were. If we lost those 2 then they'd take some replacing.
bearaab

Duncan Ferguson is a great example of a no. 10.
matt_drfc

LOL
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:You are obviously partially dyslexic.I said "he cant head for shit",not that he is shit.

By the way,he cant head the ball and to be a better footballer he needs to improve on that aspect of his game.

Now that must be 20 or 30 times I said that.Nobody has said that he can head the ball have they ? Only the feeble excuse that he dosent have to be able to.Which is ridiculous.
As I said that was the wind up post.. You asked which bit, I told you.

No ones arguing that he can't head a ball. It's the fact that you said he can't be a #10 because he can't head the ball, that's what I can't understand, you still haven't answered that..
Well all banter aside.He probably could be a no10.The ball would have to come to feet all the time because any hoof(and lets face it we still do it)will just get nodded away by the defender.As much as Lewy was a reasonable keeper his inability to kick was and is a hindrance to his progress.Has Murphy ever headed a goal for Daggers ? Benno did,Scott did,Strevens did,Nursey did(I think) and with the exception of Benno you'd have to say Murphy is generally a better striker than the others.Where do you see Murphy ending up ? League 1 Id say.
Northampton away
Masked Man

All this talk of Numer 9's and 10's...

Who would be our ideal 'Number 2'? :shock:
matt_drfc

Masked Man wrote:All this talk of Numer 9's and 10's...

Who would be our ideal 'Number 2'? :shock:
Tony Roberts
Masked Man

He wasn't shit!! :lol:
Phippo

The subject matter certainly got lost with this Murphy "debate". Surely some of you have heard some "football rumours"? Heard our other keeper is not coming from too far up the road!
TommyD&R

Phippo wrote:The subject matter certainly got lost with this Murphy "debate". Surely some of you have heard some "football rumours"? Heard our other keeper is not coming from too far up the road!
Cant think of any top keepers who would join us from any local clubs. Wouldn't be surprised if its larkins from orient then. Leaves us with two young inexperienced keepers.
matt_drfc

Burnett says it's definitely going to be an experienced keeper, that's all we should be looking for. Paul Smith was mentioned but so was Freddy Eastwood so I wouldn't take it seriously.
TommyD&R

I'd take paul smith all day though