Eastleigh away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

First away game of the season for me, if nothing else Saturday's result makes the drive seem a bit more reasonable than how I felt about it after Tuesday!

Worth noting that tickets bought online in advance are £3 cheaper than paying on the gate. Hopefully we take a few and can finally put the poor start to the season behind us with another win.

Hard to kick anyone out of the lineup but Gordon must play if Wood is injured, Phipps should start and aside from maybe considering Manny if fit again, not a lot of changes required at this point in my view.
IanC

Gordon must play whether wood is injured or not,he`s a far better player.
RM1Dagger

Thanks Devon, tickets now secured. Funnily enough I'm going on holiday to Devon tomorrow so thought we'd take in the game, as it's on the way (sort of!). Missing the BH home game so makes up for that, pity it's not away to Yeovil!
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Should be a interesting game, read that Eastleigh have only scored two in their first 5 and those two coming from set pieces. 4-0 defeat then. If we have ambitions of play offs we need to win the next two.
Daggerjamie

Gordan and grant starting kandi not on the bench.
BB-Dagger

He’s saving Kandi for Monday
Daggerjamie

1 nil luque
Daggerfan

1-1
SUSSEX DAGGER

Thank God for work Monday

Looked in complete control at half time second half was a shambles , thank God for Justham.

Says it all when Quigley looks your biggest threat
Diggerthedog

Would have taken four points following the Boreham Wood Shambles, who I notice have done nothing since beating us. We really need to beat Yeovil now as they look poor and if we’re to be looking at play offs as a target we can’t keep dropping points against teams we should be beating.

Hopefully Balanta and Kandi start, anyone know why Angelo went off?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Injured DTD.
I wished him a happy xmas in view of how quickly our injured players get back.

What happened to Kandi ? that,was to be,expected the lad really has,not got going since he,has been here with one injury after another.

Add in Harold and you can have,all the talent in.the world but our best players appear to be made of glass.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:33 pm Injured DTD.
I wished him a happy xmas in view of how quickly our injured players get back.

What happened to Kandi ? that,was to be,expected the lad really has,not got going since he,has been here with one injury after another.

Add in Harold and you can have,all the talent in.the world but our best players appear to be made of glass.
Thanks Sussex, that’s him out of Monday then. Think not playing Kandi was sensible, never playing two games in 48 hours having just got over a muscle injury.

Do feel that despite now having a big squad we lack once Kandi and Balanta are out. Brundle must be on 3 bookings already so won’t be long until he is out.
Dagdale

Cant understand half the time why we can't go out and dominate a game for the full 90 minutes, we started off quite a force and resulting in a perfect cross from the right then a good Luque finish and although they were coming at us a fair bit we agreed that they just didn't seem to have a new McCallum and a decent finish up their sleeve. Now the crunch, Strevs must have kicked butt at HT because we were really on the back foot and could see an equaliser coming and sadly that whistle couldn't come quick enough in the end, yet again our defence looked in tatters and with the names on paper there whys it going like this? Very frustrating to say the lease.
DaggerJoel11

Weird one yesterday.

First half display was the most comfortable we've been all season, albeit there was little resistance from a poor Eastleigh outfit. Then, second half we looked possibly the poorest we have so far with not much intent, grit or hunger.

In the end not going into half time two or three goals to the good, capitalising when we were well on top, was our undoing. As soon as we began to look under any pressure, it looked as if we simply didn't have it in us to regain the ascendancy.

Any point away from home is a positive and all that but I was disappointed with the lack of desire to go for it in the final stages of the game. However, at least we're unbeaten in two now and have another game on Monday.

In terms of player ratings Balanta was the standout yet again and a brilliant assist means he's contributed directly to 5 of our 7 goals this season. In his first start for the club Reece Grant looked lively yet somewhat ineffective in dangerous areas while Luque finally got the goal he's richly deserved for the last two weeks after another good performance. Justham made some great saves second half and the defence infront of him also looked stronger.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RM1Dagger

Well, as alluded to by others they battered us second half and we were VERY lucky to come away with a point so we'll wipe our mouths and move on. Quigley when he came on actually gave them something to think about - a couple of really good headers, made a nuisance of himself and held the ball up which is something we simply were not doing.
Now the SE27 Dagger