Harrogate Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

This Mcqueen.penalty that most are claiming . It happened right in front of our group and we all shouted for it but agreed after there was slight contact but he went down very very easily .

Would have been.very harsh and would be howling if it was the other way.

The one he did miss was the phase before the Balanta second goal .
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 pm The one he did miss was the phase before the Balanta second goal .
Was it Brundle that appeared to be receive the shove in his back? Looked fairly clear-cut from where I was standing - was great the players kept their concentration to set up Balanta's header.

The thing I found most poor from the ref on Saturday, was his 'handling' of the two-footed take out of one of our defenders (in the 2nd half). Advantage was played, but that was the clearest yellow-card that you could wish to see - at the very least on a par with Luque's in the first half.

For the ref not to pull play back afterwards & issue the card was pretty pathetic imo - just lets players have another go at doing exactly the same thing later on.
Last edited by Kevin on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

I don't think McQueen went down easy. His foot was clipped and it made him kick the turf, which would make a lot of players fall over. The contact was minimal but I don't think there was any intention to go over.

There was one before that where Wright was taken out right on the edge of the box, and another one just before the Balanta header where Brundle got shouldered in the back as he went to head the ball. I think all 3 were fouls, not sure if the Wright one was outside though.