Agenda against Taylor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Blackie645

Just herd a interview with Peter Taylor on Active FM he reckons there is an agenda against him from sections in the crowd, couldn't believe what I was hearing.
redboy

Does he not think fans are entitled to their say and opinions. If you went into a restaurant and paid decent money for a pile of crap, you would ask for your money back. Just shows how little he is in touch with reality.
Ally Fraser

It just shows what a tosser he is. Digging out fans on the radio, in programme notes and arguing with them at aways. The sooner he gets shown the door the better.
Daggernewbie

Blackie645 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:00 pm Just herd a interview with Peter Taylor on Active FM he reckons there is an agenda against him from sections in the crowd, couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Blackie645 have you a link to this interview if so can you provide it.
Blackie645

Daggernewbe sorry not good with the tech stuff, I heard it on the 7 oclock sports section tonight, I think it would be on their website, I wouldn't know how to upload on to here.
Just made me laugh, the guys in denial.
TommyD&R

I have an agenda against playing non-left backs at left back when there are two more than capable left backs available, and leaving a proven conference goal scorer on the bench to accommodate for someone who doesn’t score goals.
dagger4eva

https://www.time1075.net/popupagain/?aud=

Fast forward to 31.30

Interview lasts 3-4 mins in total but the bit about supporters effectively said, there seems to be a certain section in the stands who have an agenda. If thats how they want to live their lives, I let them get on with it.
I always thought a supporter of a football club was meant to support, but perhaps I got that bit wrong!
DevonDagger

I just find it bizarre and I'm sure I've made a post like this during last season.

One thing he doesn't lack as a manager is experience and during his career he's quite clearly had ups and downs. He surely must have come across supporter disgruntlement prior to now?

I actually agree with him, some supporters here do have an 'agenda' and would quite clearly have him gone tomorrow if they could. However, 3 defeats from 4 is not a good return and football is fickle business where supporters and also owners may not take long to get restless and make rumblings of discontent clear. I can't really understand why he almost acts surprised that these rumblings are surfacing given the pretty average journey he's been apart of whilst here. Last season was a case of simply stay up - which we did but surely he must have realised not everyone was sold on his methods.

I am not personally massively anti-Taylor. I feel his relationship with the supporters has been progressively deteriorating which although he will likely put down to those with an agenda, hasn't really been helped by some of his actions either in my opinion (and in some instances, non-actions).

Peter, if you can win us the next 10 games on the spin I can assure you those with an agenda will bother you considerably less.
stanton101

DevonDagger wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:48 pm I just find it bizarre and I'm sure I've made a post like this during last season.

One thing he doesn't lack as a manager is experience and during his career he's quite clearly had ups and downs. He surely must have come across supporter disgruntlement prior to now?

I actually agree with him, some supporters here do have an 'agenda' and would quite clearly have him gone tomorrow if they could. However, 3 defeats from 4 is not a good return and football is fickle business where supporters and also owners may not take long to get restless and make rumblings of discontent clear. I can't really understand why he almost acts surprised that these rumblings are surfacing given the pretty average journey he's been apart of whilst here. Last season was a case of simply stay up - which we did but surely he must have realised not everyone was sold on his methods.

I am not personally massively anti-Taylor. I feel his relationship with the supporters has been progressively deteriorating which although he will likely put down to those with an agenda, hasn't really been helped by some of his actions either in my opinion (and in some instances, non-actions).

Peter, if you can win us the next 10 games on the spin I can assure you those with an agenda will bother you considerably less.
You've been at the harpic Devon. 10 on the spin, Christ, we'll be lucky to pick up 10 points, let alone 30.
Diggerthedog

There is no agenda from anyone, they’re just sick of seeing negative set ups specially at home games. Take tomorrow’s game, I know handfuls of people who are simply not bothering with it this should not be happening given the budget he has had.

I’ve said it a million times before, he thinks he is bigger than us or that we owe him a favour from last season and until he understands that neither are true he will always fail with us fans.
Daggernewbie

dagger4eva wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:55 pm https://www.time1075.net/popupagain/?aud=

Fast forward to 31.30

Interview lasts 3-4 mins in total but the bit about supporters effectively said, there seems to be a certain section in the stands who have an agenda. If thats how they want to live their lives, I let them get on with it.
I always thought a supporter of a football club was meant to support, but perhaps I got that bit wrong!
Clicked on the link didn`t work so here it is again
https://www.time1075.net/popupagain/?au ... 65_113.mp3
NBDag

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some fans with an agenda who just blindly hate him and want him gone at any cost, however it’s a minuscule amount and just a stupid thing to say publicly as the manager.

Maybe all the pressure has finally got through to him. Hopefully one of the main factors behind that is our owners telling him that he is running out of time.
Mark

I do think there are a handful in our crowd for whom Taylor will always be wrong. Even if we won a couple on the bounce, they'd still go for him if we lost the 3rd. Having a pop at his subs continually isn't helpful, on Tuesday he needed to change the system and last weekend he wanted to try a something else as the existing setup wasn't getting us a goal. I'm aware that Tuesday particularly he set himself up, but if he'd left it we'd have been beaten by half time.

Coming out and talking about an agenda on the radio though is madness. It only gives more ammo to the minority and it gets everyone else's back up.

Think the pressure is getting to him and I'm struggling to see how he's going to turn this situation around.
Auntie Merge

Attacking supporters for having ‘An Agenda’ is straight from the Wayne Burnett Football Managers Textbook.
He would attack the players but it is too early in the season and he chose them all.

My only agenda is to see the Daggers play well (that doesn’t mean most entertaining) and hopefully win 6-0.

When all my life is falling apart I know I can sit in my seat at 3.00 pm on a Saturday and at least one thing holds me together. It doesn’t feel like that at all and on Tuesday I questioned myself as to why I was there. I’m in two minds for tomorrow. The only reason I am still coming is habit.If I had a better offer like tea and cakes, I’d be there instead.
(wait for someone to question my commitment)
Sagres

We are in big trouble if he thinks performance's have been very good - National League South here we come!!