Villa Flag

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Anyone know what the Aston Villa flag in the bury road end was all about last night?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

I heard it was possibly a charity fundraiser which involved getting the flag seen at as many clubs as possible.
Rustydagger

My mate had a chat with him. It seems that he works all around the country and he simply goes to games near to where he is staying. The "Villa Everywhere" quote apparently came from his Grandfather who remarked that taking the flag all around the country was getting Villa Everywhere! and is a sort of tribute to him. Nice touch.
Diggerthedog

The flag is in breach of club rules due to size, how was this allowed? If I brign a big ****** off Taylor out flag of the same size next match assume this is ok then............
EssexDagger!

Think it’s safe to say the villa fan won’t be back :green:
JFJBENSTEAD

Rustydagger wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am My mate had a chat with him. It seems that he works all around the country and he simply goes to games near to where he is staying. The "Villa Everywhere" quote apparently came from his Grandfather who remarked that taking the flag all around the country was getting Villa Everywhere! and is a sort of tribute to him. Nice touch.
Apologies Rusty Dagger - didn't mean to send private message!

Spoke to the guy myself. The flag tradition had been continued by his dad who passed away recently. Really nice thing - when it looked like we might not have a club to support I considered doing the 92 and taking a Daggers flag with me.

The guy who took offence to the flag very vocally on the night was bang out of order.
NBDag

Fair enough if he wants to do that, but it shouldn’t really be in the home end. Could be seen as inflammatory and maybe in a different ground could cause trouble.
rebeldagger

NBDag wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:24 am Fair enough if he wants to do that, but it shouldn’t really be in the home end. Could be seen as inflammatory and maybe in a different ground could cause trouble.
By a small minority and depending on the club perhaps in only one or two grounds. Yet after a polite chat common sense should prevail and it really shouldn't be a problem.