New signing ratings

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

How happy are we out of 10 with each new signing we have made based on what we have seen/heard about each new player? I’ve only been to the West Ham game yesterday so I can only go by what I’ve been told and what I’ve already seen

Strizovic - 4, sounded ok at the start, played as many games as Moore at this level, but people don’t sound massively impressed against Chelmsford and yesterday so we’ll have to pray Justham doesn’t pick up an injury.

Croll - 7, no doubt a good defender but seems to be a bit injury prone

Eleftheriou - 7, young, bit of experience at this level and looked half decent yesterday and may go straight into RB

Manny - 8, we already know what he can do

Wood - 6, pretty similar to Croll, but can’t imagine him starting ahead of Gordon early doors

Graham - 5, seems he wasn’t a main player at Ebbsfleet and I haven’t heard him mentioned once in pre season

Dobson - 7, seemed to adapt well to this level at Sutton

Odametey - 8, saw him for Maidenhead last season where he looked half decent, good reports about him this pre season bumps him from a 7 to an 8

Brundle - 9, probably our best signing, proven at this level, versatile, effective in attack and defence, looked decent at centre back yesterday - not his strongest position too

Grant - 8, scores regularly every time he steps up a level, which he has done several times. Will get absolute minimum 10 goals next season.

Luque - 8, obviously has a bit about him for Lincoln to sign him even though it didn’t work out there. A strong sounding pre season bumps him up from a 7 to an 8

Quigley - 5, not the prolific striker we could do with, but despite the pelters he was getting when he first signed, it sounds like he’s out in a few half decent performances so far
Diggerthedog

Brundle has to start in midfield, if he starts in defence after his stats for Dover last season it would be a complete waste.
Mark

I can't understand what he's doing with Brundle. Played most of pre season in the back 4. Clark is captain so you'd assume he'll start, is he going to put Brundle alongside him? You can't have 2 centre backs under 6ft at this level.

If he does start in midfield he's going to have no time to get used to his team mates in a match situation. Or maybe we'll go to a back 3 despite being 442 most of pre season.

Or maybe he isn't even going to play despite being arguably the most proven of all our new signings!
DaggerJoel11

Based on what I've seen during pre-season and the thoughts of fans from other clubs...

9 Brundle, Onariase, Odametey
8 Grant, Eleftheriou, Dobson
7 Croll, Luque, Graham, Wood
6 Wright, Quigley
5 Strizovic
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

Joel, nice work on the NLP this week :thumbu: