Bad News

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
lupins

As ever the usual suspects come out

Which bit of we wouldn't have been able to get him to stay on without the buy out included in the contract don't you get

Would you have preferred not to have signed him with that included?

How about trusting the Owners to still be working on signing replacements in the next 7 weeks
A S dagger97

lupins wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 pm As ever the usual suspects come out

Which bit of we wouldn't have been able to get him to stay on without the buy out included in the contract don't you get

How about trusting the Owners to still be working on signing replacements in the next 7 weeks
👆This
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
stanton101

I don't see what else we could have done tbh. At the end of the day if a player wants to leave, there's very little a club can do. As for the kit, for f..ks sake get a grip. It's not the kit, it's the team that's in it!
Would anyone really give a toss, if we played in brown and pink spots, but won the league by a mile come may.
I don't particularly like Peter Taylor, but I'll support him and the team, until the owners decide different and I'm looking forward to the new season.
Good luck to Connor, he's done nothing wrong, I wish him well and thank him for helping to keep us up.
Onward.
Dagger83

Amen to that. It's so depressing seeing Thommo bashed at every opportunity. People need to change the record.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chalky69

So glad to see a few positive comments at long last. Quite agree about the new shirts. It's only for a season anyway and they could be a lot worse. It seems that for many contributors they are never happy whatever management do or don't do. We are supposed to be supporting a football team, not belittling everything they do. Up the Daggers!
ARNU

Agree with Lupins. We all thought we’d signed another soccer bad boy when we got him. This new lot saved us and I think they know what they’re doing so all the moaners should go and haunt someone else’s house. You nearly didn’t have a club at all, now ya bleating about kits ffs!!
There’ll be better players than wilko who to be fair if he loved us that much he’d have stayed. Good luck to him and thanks for all he did.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rebeldagger

Hear Hear.

Yes it's incredibly frustrating to loose Wilko in this manner, and I do actually appreciate the statement from Peter B Freund and the Thommo's interview explaining to us the reasons why this happened, and giving some small details, (yes I grant you not much) of what is to come. That, at least shows they are as frustrated as we are over this and that they are working hard to build a team.

It's fair to say that club and Wilko used each other for their own benefit, and I've no problem with that, he helped to get us out of a hole, and to be fair it seems we helped him too, he seems to have fallen back in love with the game and gained a wealth of experience whilst playing with us, so that can only be a good thing.

So best of luck to him and thanks for helping us last year. Now we just need to find a replacement and to be fair to Taylor, once he had the cash behind him he hasn't made too many bad deals.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Perhaps it would have been better if the whole details of this deal was explained in January , when the deal was struck.
Think if this had happened Mr Thompson and all those involved would have been saved the fall out that has occured.
Never have bought the business of confidentiality to avoid advising predators nicking him, the lad had an agent for christ sake who was never going to keep it a secret.
The only thing that surprises me is that its Orient given the tragic events that have recently occured.
However it is obvious they have been aware of the situation for some time because they have still moved despite recent events.

In summary, in my opinion is that this looked obvious for a long time and the Board have had no option but to accept it pull their trousers up and move on.
What has been accepted by the majority may have been my palatable to the disappointed if all the facts had been made known in January.

Cant help feeling that sometimes our Board are their own worst enemies.

One final note is that he could be aviliable for a loan in January his record shows how fickle his form has been and it my be proved this is his level and in reality he aint all he is cracked up to be.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HGDagger

Orient fans don't look to pleased about signing him.. https://twitter.com/leytonorientfc/stat ... 9617730565
Mark

As much as I like Conor he's going to need to hit the ground running.

Bonne had a reputation for working the back line for 90 minutes and I don't think Conor is that kind of player. He comes alive around the box when we have the ball, he prefers it into feet than chasing lost causes, he is not really a target man.

If he doesn't score a few goals early on, I can see their impatient crowd getting on his back cos he's "not Bonne". Because they have a big crowd at this level they seem to get caught in the trap of thinking they should be beating everyone hollow. A few of them seem to have made their mind up about Conor already. And maybe as he's found before not all managers can handle him as well as PT. If they look after him they've got a great player for a bargain price.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Looks like a few Gillingham fans have stirred it a bit tho Mark,rightfully so as his attitude had caused offence when he was there.

We will all keep a close watch but would not be surprised if it all went sour
Daggerman

although disappointed he didn't stay with us I don't give a toss now if he does well or not, he's no longer a Dagger!
Auntie Merge

I'm surprised at some of the disappointment and angst in this thread.

We're a selling club. Always have been, probably always will.
Thought some of you would have been used to players leaving by now, especially the players the club says it won't sell!
NBDag

Don’t think anyone doesn’t consider us a selling club, but more to teams like Peterborough not Orient!

I don’t have any ill feelings towards Thommo, or Wilkinson, seems like our hands were tied which is very disappointing that we couldn’t get ourselves into a better position when we offered him an extension. However I am a bit confused at how we have claimed to be having a serious crack at promotion, yet aside from Justham haven’t signed anyone worth writing home about, and all the while have been in a position where our best player could be sold for a pittance.

Maybe things will turn around in the coming weeks, but right now I don’t think it’s unreasonable for anyone to feel a bit aggrieved.
BB-Dagger

Listening to Peter Taylor’s interview he’s really bigging up the four new signings, if it’s a good assessment then things are on the up but he needs to add more experience to avoid criticism if we’re not on course for the playoffs by December