Saunders Gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

http://bit.ly/1h91zaP Matt Saunders been let go, leaves us with 10 players guaranteed for next season. I quite liked him, thought he was a Burnett type player, good on the ball, could spot a pass, just guess injuries have done him no favours. Come on then Wayne, we need 11 players to play a football match...

Assuming all players offered contracts accept, I reckon we need, 2 keepers, Left Back, Centre Mid, Winger, 2 Strikers..
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry to hear this as he had something diffrent, but only 40 appeaeances in 2 and a half years tells you he was a luxury we could not afford. Good luck Matt
ARNU

He was never gonna get in Burnetts team unless someone was injured.Shame cos the boy could pass a ball and was certainly as good as any of the others on his day.How many of Stills boys are left ? I make it Doe,Abs,Howell,Hoyte and Medy.All of whom you'd have to agree are possibly the spine of Burnetts team today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:He was never gonna get in Burnetts team unless someone was injured.Shame cos the boy could pass a ball and was certainly as good as any of the others on his day.How many of Stills boys are left ? I make it Doe,Abs,Howell,Hoyte and Medy.All of whom you'd have to agree are possibly the spine of Burnetts team today.

+ Bingham, Ian Gayle, Wilkinson, Shields
NickMurphy

I reckon Saunders would have been one of the first on the team sheet had he remained consistently fit. Sad to see him go as he was a terrific player on his day, but unfortunately his day didn't come nearly often enough!
steeevooo

Agreed that it is a shame that injuries have blighted him, as with a ball at his feet he was one of the most gifted passers of the ball in our team. Hopefully he can rebuild his career elsewhere and that fitness will stop haunting him.

One thing is for sure though - those that were calling for us to "wait for Burnett to form his own team before judging him" will not have to wait much longer...!
Richie

Not sure I agree with this, just got a feeling he'll kick on elsewhere.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think it will be a case of hopping on Ritchie sadly as he is once again injured.

Things just never worked out twice he has been withdrawn in warm ups and the last straw for the poor lad had to be at Wycombe. He was doing well but had to be sacraficed when Scott turned into Rambo.