Who would you like to see at Dagenham next season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I don't think we're going to get it.

This is one of those squads that could go either way. A lot of players will either be stepping up to full time, or will be hoping to play their first ever full season of football having only played sporadically at other clubs.

If it gels quickly it could go well, but it could also go quite wrong.
DevonDagger

Croll sounds a bit like Pennell, very good signing if he can stay fit.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:17 pm I don't think we're going to get it.

This is one of those squads that could go either way. A lot of players will either be stepping up to full time, or will be hoping to play their first ever full season of football having only played sporadically at other clubs.

If it gels quickly it could go well, but it could also go quite wrong.
Good post, I think the owners have underestimated how much dollar you need to really compete at the top end. Still need another striker.
NBDag

If we keep him fit then it looks like a decent signing. As does this right back that we signed. Agree that at least one more CB and a striker is needed. Given up hope that we will be getting Onariase back though, seems to be taking too long.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:34 pm If we keep him fit then it looks like a decent signing. As does this right back that we signed. Agree that at least one more CB and a striker is needed. Given up hope that we will be getting Onariase back though, seems to be taking too long.
Rumour on FB is that Manny failed a fitness test due to a groin injury, how trur that is I have no idea.
NBDag

Personally find that hard to believe when we signed Rob Edmans whilst he had a broken leg. Always assumed fitness tests now were to find deeper issues in players that can’t necessarily be healed.
Alan

If we signed him with an injury that kept him out for 3 months, we’d never hear the end of it.
PatrickJ1980

Hoping to get another 2 or 3 through the door before August!
Really think we need more fire power to make an assault on this division.
Obviously we have virtually a brand new team again to start the season, bit different to last season I admit but this is the strongest National League there has ever been in my opinion. It’s going to take a hell of an effort just to make the play offs but who cares I’m going to love every minute of it. COYD!
DagenHammer87

I wonder if it's worth a punt going in for Darren Bent for a season?

Available on a free, said on Talksport that he'd be happy to speak to teams in the lower leagues and despite not playing much for a couple of years has quite a bit of natural talent.
A S dagger97

DagenHammer87 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:50 pm I wonder if it's worth a punt going in for Darren Bent for a season?

Available on a free, said on Talksport that he'd be happy to speak to teams in the lower leagues and despite not playing much for a couple of years has quite a bit of natural talent.
Depends what kind of wages the club are happy to pay out
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Dagger83

Not for me. He won't have his pace any more. Steer clear.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
PatrickJ1980

Very encouraging interview from Peter Taylor regarding the new squad and his ambitions for the coming season.
Seems very optimistic and stated that he wants 2 players for every position so they can fight each other for the shirt!
Taylor also stated that it’s very important to get another striker in to replace Wilko even though he is happy with the attacking options at the club already!
I can’t wait, such a difference a year makes I was totally depressed last summer.
COYD!
Mark

Looking at the squad as a whole, I think we're probably a bit small. We only have 3 outfield players who are bigger than 6ft as far as I can tell, and they're all defenders. I know height isn't everything and physically strong players are also needed at this level, but every team we seem to come up against has at least 4 giants. Worried we might get pushed around a bit. I guess Dobson and Odametey are pretty much 6ft dead so maybe we'll be ok.

I would like us to sign a bigger striker who can hold it up and provide an outlet when we're under pressure. Not easy to find someone who can do that who is also mobile and can get the odd goal.
Lcbdagger

PatrickJ1980 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:41 pm Very encouraging interview from Peter Taylor regarding the new squad and his ambitions for the coming season.
Seems very optimistic and stated that he wants 2 players for every position so they can fight each other for the shirt!
Taylor also stated that it’s very important to get another striker in to replace Wilko even though he is happy with the attacking options at the club already!
I can’t wait, such a difference a year makes I was totally depressed last summer.
COYD!
Not sure how strong we are up top in all honesty... almost no goal threat last yet with Wilko... at least one short currently of we expect goals from multiple sources this year
RayleighDagger1986

Mark wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:55 pm Looking at the squad as a whole, I think we're probably a bit small. We only have 3 outfield players who are bigger than 6ft as far as I can tell, and they're all defenders. I know height isn't everything and physically strong players are also needed at this level, but every team we seem to come up against has at least 4 giants. Worried we might get pushed around a bit. I guess Dobson and Odametey are pretty much 6ft dead so maybe we'll be ok.

I would like us to sign a bigger striker who can hold it up and provide an outlet when we're under pressure. Not easy to find someone who can do that who is also mobile and can get the odd goal.
I think in Taylor's interview he said we have two wingers who are 6ft (Luque and couldn't remember the other). We also have the new midfielder from Maidenhead (again the name escapes me) and Robinson. Both must be 6ft or +