Daggers Thank You

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chalky69

NINE!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

This went down well lol
BarkingRambo

Yea Thommo isn’t the nicest of characters and Barry Fry gives his kidneys to charity. You have to be a bit of a prick for the role. I feel he bleeds the club and would sell his gran to keep it alive.
daggerfirst

Frist game i made in ages due to work. I noticed the progamm and lack of thanks to the supporters club - very low imo and I hope the USA rap his knickles over it. Don’t think I’d call Thommo a cancer but he does need to leave the ckub. was their any reason why the supporters club presentation wasnt made at the end of the game?
daggersjeff

daggerfirst wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:01 pm Frist game i made in ages due to work. I noticed the progamm and lack of thanks to the supporters club - very low imo and I hope the USA rap his knickles over it. Don’t think I’d call Thommo a cancer but he does need to leave the ckub. was their any reason why the supporters club presentation wasnt made at the end of the game?
The club apparently refused permission, but gave us a slot at 4.30 in the Dave Andrews suite. A lot couldn't stay on (like me), any that did stay would of been putting money over the bar!
Be interested to see what the turn out at our presentation was in the end - give the club another excuse to belittle the Supporters Club
NickMurphy

11. Have a day off for Christ sake.
SUSSEX DAGGER

All rather sad really.

We started the Season with the rallying call we are all in it together, a call that was also made by the new investors/owners when relegation looked far from uncertain. The call then if we go down we go down together.

We end the season in what most supporters who live in the real world would have said the best we could ever had hoped for. In fact if we had converted a few penalties we would have acheived even better.

So after a season where we all end up breathing a huge sigh of releif and with a lot to look forward to we are exactly where we are at the start of the season in regards to the relationship between the Supporters Club and some Members of the Board.

Had a bit of sympathy ,surely another 5 minutes after todays game on the pitch would not have hurt, because of this refusal that was nothing less then what occured last season another PR disaster is upon us.

However my sympathy is somewhat watered down when People start using terms of phrase such as a cancer that needs to be cut out. Well please let me make my position clear to that Person who made such a vile comment you dont speak for me and I hope you dont speak for the supporters Club. Such comments are not only vile I think they are also rather pathetic.
Lcbdagger

NickMurphy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:34 pm 11. Have a day off for Christ sake.
Too late to make it s dozen? :eh:
Chalky69

Reading through all the comments about the presentations (or lack of them) yesterday I wonder where all bile comes from. Despite all the positive things that have happened this season someone has to find something negative to say in such a way you want to completely disassociate yourself from them. Perhaps we could have had ALL the presentations outside but we didn’t for one reason or another. Get over it. Some seem to have a vendetta against Steve Thompson. Remember if it wasn’t for him we probably wouldn’t have a club now. Got over it!
leewilson

I don't want this to come across the wrong way. It's just how I perceive things from the outside.

Back when I started supporting the Daggers, the Supporters Club was a huge part of the club. Back then, social media and technology wasn't what it is now and they held a more prominent role. It used to be that the 2nd most essential thing to get after a season ticket was the supporters club membership to make sure that I got a place on the coach. Maybe it's where I was seeing the world through a child's eyes but the train didn't seem an option back then. Everyone appeared to pile onto the numerous coaches.

Now, technology, the game, the world in general has all moved on. And the Supporters Club hasn't moved with it. It appears to be an Old Boy's club now; which is entirely of their own making as very little has been done to actually make anybody under the age of 40 want to sign up or be a part of it. The coach used to be the way to travel to games. Now the younger generation of fans will get the train so not to mingle with some of the individuals present on these coaches. Steve Thompson is not a people person. But the sense of bitterness and bile spewed towards him at every available opportunity reflects badly on the SC and they don't appear to realise this.
Chigwellian

The word 'cancer' may have been too strong .. but, Steve Thompson didn't think twice when he aimed that self same word towards a certain person/supporters club in a forum meeting, and refused to apologise for using it.
Again, there was no need to refuse the SC to hold the SC player of the year awards in the pitch... this was just him flexing his power
dj johnny b

Probably best to let it go now.If you're not enjoying something, try an alternative, deal with all the anger you seem to have. Have a break, many of us have done that.
I would say - we have a team in the Conference, who may (or not!) be rather watchable and good next season. As is likely to appear in another thread soon, our friends at Ebbsfleet and Gateshead may well not.
Daggernewbie

leewilson wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 am I don't want this to come across the wrong way. It's just how I perceive things from the outside.

Back when I started supporting the Daggers, the Supporters Club was a huge part of the club. Back then, social media and technology wasn't what it is now and they held a more prominent role. It used to be that the 2nd most essential thing to get after a season ticket was the supporters club membership to make sure that I got a place on the coach. Maybe it's where I was seeing the world through a child's eyes but the train didn't seem an option back then. Everyone appeared to pile onto the numerous coaches.

Now, technology, the game, the world in general has all moved on. And the Supporters Club hasn't moved with it. It appears to be an Old Boy's club now; which is entirely of their own making as very little has been done to actually make anybody under the age of 40 want to sign up or be a part of it. The coach used to be the way to travel to games. Now the younger generation of fans will get the train so not to mingle with some of the individuals present on these coaches. Steve Thompson is not a people person. But the sense of bitterness and bile spewed towards him at every available opportunity reflects badly on the SC and they don't appear to realise this.
Well Lee to me some of it has come across the wrong way.
Travelling by coach there is only one major rule is you can`t bring or drink alcohol on the coach this is a league rule for travelling supporters not a SC rule so we have to abide by that rule.
The SC have asked numerous times at AGM`s for any individuals to get involved by coming up with suggestions and filling the vacant spots on the SC committee but every time we ask no one volunteers or comes up with suggestions and yes Steve Thompson is not a people person but stating" But the sense of bitterness and bile spewed towards him at every available opportunity reflects badly on the SC and they don't appear to realise this. " suggests that the SC are condoning it,we have no control on comments from members or non-members as everyone can voice their own opinion,there are things I agree with and disagree with be it from a SC member or non-member and will tell the person if I know them.
ARNU

What lee said.

I joined it to primarily get on a cheap coach occasionally. That always seemed to be a well organised thing and Russell and the others that ran it always did a good job and without doubt worked tirelessly to accommodate everyone.

But as far as I’m aware that was and is the only benefit I can see to being a member.

I’m not up on the internal politics and bickering or do I care for it, I got no interest in getting drunk in the clubhouse( or even setting foot in it) so I don’t see any other reason why I’d need to join it. As a sort of outsider it seems that there’s a vendetta by some against Thompson which looks like bullying. Nobody likes a bully do they?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

A couple of points I think worth making

Firstly our new owners who I think everyone would agree are brilliant guys wanting the best for the Club seem happy with the MD and whilst agreeing he hasn't always been the best people person then that vote of confidence is good enough for me

Secondly over the last 18 months there has been a lot of things said and posted how about drawing a line under it. Am I the only one thoroughly fed up with it I want to feel enthused and optimistic and look forward to an exciting summer before what could be an interesting season. Currently I fear if we signed Ronaldo the first comment would be isn't he too old.