Wimbledon vs Daggers Attempted Fix

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

Just seen this tonight on the BBC which is very interesting, apparently a couple of businessmen attempted to fix our game against Wimbledon last November at Kingsmeadow.

According to the report, the two businessmen attempted to bribe players, and our old friend Moses Swaibu was also involved. Allegedly he had been in touch with some of our players.

Anyway, report on the link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27494243?
ARNU

I went to that one,I must say it didn't look fixed to me.Good game in fact.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

ARNU wrote:I went to that one,I must say it didn't look fixed to me.Good game in fact.
According to the report, Swaibu failed in his attempts, so none of our players should be implicated I'd hope.
SUSSEX DAGGER

NickMurphy wrote:
ARNU wrote:I went to that one,I must say it didn't look fixed to me.Good game in fact.
According to the report, Swaibu failed in his attempts, so none of our players should be implicated I'd hope.
It would be fair to assume that a number of People at our Club have been interviewed for them to come to that conclusion.
DagenHammer87

I hope if anyone at the club has been even slightly involved in this, that they are handed their p45.

I hate it when our club gets dragged into this sort of shit. Especially if we are the innocent party
SUSSEX DAGGER

DagenHammer87 wrote:I hope if anyone at the club has been even slightly involved in this, that they are handed their p45.

I hate it when our club gets dragged into this sort of shit. Especially if we are the innocent party
Could not agree more but you can bet your bottom dollar that the Police must have done a very extensive inquiry to come to the conclusion that they have.

You would also imagine that they did not just ask questions and say ok and walk away. So I think we can all sleep easy.

Cant be nice for our Players to be under this suspicion and was the period that followed this game one of the poorest we had all season in the way of results. Even to be under the tiniest bit of suspicion is hardly going to keep you totally focused and this whole affair may have cost us a lot more then we know.