North Ferriby United

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

North Ferriby United has folded .., I great little club with friendly fans..
Dagger83

Such a shame. I loved our trip there a couple of seasons back. A great club, the fans were excellent and very welcoming plus we had a resounding win. I knew they were plummeting the leagues but had no idea it was that bad.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HGDagger

Getting promoted to the national league, in a way, was the worst thing that could have ever happened to them.
Sagres

I remember them winning the FA Trophy only 4 years ago at Wembley.
Granddad

Will their demise have a knock-on effect regarding how many clubs get relegated from our league?
RampantDuke

They got wound up because they couldn't pay a debt off for £8K. The D+R accounts went out to full members this week and I got to see them for the first time ever. I was pretty shocked at the number of things that have to be paid out when you run a club this size and also how little money we get in through our operations. I was also surprised at how little the staff are paid, including the players themselves. I have absolutely no idea how we stayed in business last summer but if it wasn't for the Americans there would be plenty of league 1/2 forums lamenting the sad demise of 'that little team from Dagenham that we played a few years back with the friendly fans'. Dagenham, North Ferriby, Stockport, Darlington, Rushden, Kettering etc. - not much difference except we got the lifesaving investment when we needed it. They didn't.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
stanton101

A lousy 8k.
A real shame when you consider the amount of money in football today.