Bromley Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on this game? Balanta should be in contention with a start after not being risked on the last two pitches. Would like to see McQueen push further inside where he has been much more effective.

Come on you Daggers.
Mark

Who knows what selection we'll get this week. I would guess similar to Sutton but with Balanta back in.
Daggerman

I recon we will be more or less the same as Maidenhead but with a few changes :grin:
Dagdale

Notice they have picked up a bit lately and will be tough but hey what a good win we had there in November and to which became the start of our great little run, shore be great if we go with another roll like that, just worried whether its been a missing Balanta or not but we just have lost our killer instinct to see a game out well and just hope with high flying Ravens we can raise our game again especially with no game next weekend.
Alan

For me, we had our best run as a 4-4-2, but Munns was being wasted wide and most wanted him moved inside. Balanta makes a huge difference, he has both goals and link up play.

Even then though, Justham was getting man of the match week after week.
Diggerthedog

Very positive team selection followed a by very positive result, funny that.
NBDag

Very very strong performance today. Not a single poor performance, even Wright and McQueen were solid. Thought Kandi’s goal was fantastic, and even better that it resulted from their 7’s mistake.

Only complaint is that Tomi really should have scored with that lob on the keeper. Made some good runs when coming on but it makes it hard for me to complain about him being left out when he then does stuff like that.

Although we were unbeaten in three I feel like we’ve been a bit shaky over the past two games. Great way to come out and say we still mean business in this league. Keep this going!
daggersjeff

Excellent first half and great overall performance!

Think we look much more comfortable with Wright and Loft than when Robinson is in there. Cant think of anyone having a poor game today! 5 points away from a top ten finish and that needs to be the clubs aim for the last few games of the season. We would of bitten someones arm off for this position back in the summer

COYD!!!
RM1Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm Very positive team selection followed a by very positive result, funny that.

Four positive results from four I'd say...

Good performance, got a tiny bit sloppy before we finished it off I thought. Kandi demonstrating he's a decent finisher and Adeloye who, er isn't, but he put in a good shift when on.

Good to see Balanta back, a class act and clearly him and Wilko like playing together. Most of their defenders had to pay to get back in they were pulled apart so much first half.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Granddad

How we weren't four or five up at half time I will never know, but what the hell. I thought Elliot deserved MOM award for actually staying awake for the whole ninety minutes and the fact we didn't miss Concrete Clark was another Brucie bonus.
ARNU

Great performance. Pleased for Kandi , goal of the season I think. He took it well. Ref gave us every decision today which was nice I don’t see how anyone could give him such abuse for the full 90 like the dickwad behind me today. Great result.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

My only complaint about today is that we should have easily won 6-0.
BB-Dagger

Three things stood out today,
1/ Our first half performance was the best I’ve seen us play all season and we should have gone in at half time at least 3 up, I was even thinking auntie merge was going to get her 6-0!
2/ The referee was one of the better officials we’ve had at Victoria Rd this year but I honestly thought that he had forgotten his cards until he finally booked Dunne.
3/ the Bromley goalkeeper had a mare, I haven’t laughed so much at a game for ages.. his kicking was crap his catch from a back pass was astonishing and to kick the ball out of the ground at the end was pathetic.
In summary how the F#k were that pile of pooh above us in the league.
COYD
Alan

Balanta makes a huge difference. We should have been out of sight at half time.

There was still someone in sieve moaning that Taylor was taking off Balanta - he’s coming back from injury, looked knackered and we have a game Tuesday.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm Very positive team selection followed a by very positive result, funny that.
In other words, our best footballer was back from injury and made a massive difference. funny that.

Really enjoyed the game, great result.