Maidenhead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

Another penalty miss :(
Dagger83

0-1 Kandi

Phew
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

INSTANT REACTION played really poorly, especially in the second half. Making good interceptions but couldn’t do anything with the ball, and it showed, we kept giving the ball away. Great play by Wilkinson though and we scored, a point is a fair result but we were holding out well so it’s gutting of course. They - and the conditions - were pretty poor, at the end of the day probably glad to escape with a draw and now we have 44 points which is good. I will let others go to town on McQueen
RM1Dagger

Would of taken a point but under the circumstances gutted. Would of taken us to 46 but 44 is still pretty healthy right now..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Yet more negative stuff from Taylor with that set up. Taylor got his point but should have been all three against what was a very poor team.
RM1Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:18 pm Yet more negative stuff from Taylor with that set up. Taylor got his point but should have been all three against what was a very poor team.
It's hardly his fault that a player can't score from 12 yards or a defender makes a rickett with seconds left.

I agree the selection was slightly strange but presumably he decided to go to a back four for this game and for whatever reason he's using Munns sparingly.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Daggernewbie

Our penalty record
Attachments
54257252_1333358740156140_3429688912371515392_n.jpg
SUSSEX DAGGER

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:02 pm INSTANT REACTION played really poorly, especially in the second half. Making good interceptions but couldn’t do anything with the ball, and it showed, we kept giving the ball away. Great play by Wilkinson though and we scored, a point is a fair result but we were holding out well so it’s gutting of course. They - and the conditions - were pretty poor, at the end of the day probably glad to escape with a draw and now we have 44 points which is good. I will let others go to town on McQueen
Please allow me then AFVL

Coward
Gutless
Embarassment to the shirt .
Seen more guts in a cod fillet.

The only thing he contributed to that team tonight was to take the attention of at least two of his team mates who were equally as poor but at least they never bottled anything like he did on numerous occassions.

At times we would have been better off playing with 8 men tonight at least they would have had to work a bit harder to get the bloody ball.

All we needed was a decent wide man tonight and we had that twonk. God preserve me
Diggerthedog

McQueen is not a right wing back he is a winger or can play attacking midfielder behind the strikers, you can blame the manager for that one. Thinking of sending out a search party for Hoyte.
CharlieC

Clearly, McQueen was poor last night. But in fairness, Maidenhead doubled up on him most times he received the ball and he didn’t have enough options to offload it. He’s inconsistent, but in my opinion, he’s had a decent season for us. Some posts on here about him are way too reactive after one poor performance last night.

A draw probably a fair result last night, we were nowhere near our best going forward but they didn’t have many chances either.

I do find the persistent selection of Wright over Phipps baffling. There may not be too much in terms of ability between the two, but surely as a player that has signed an 18 month contract for us, it would be more worthwhile playing Phipps?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

By the way fair play to Nunny for coming over to the away end during the first half, and for describing Saturday’s ref as a ‘******** idiot’. Great to hear the players share the same views as the fans.

DAY AFTER REACTION the 3-5-2 looks so amateur when we are not playing well. Everybody looks out of position and it works in the opposite way we want it to. I still think we are missing Balanta, I think Wilkinson’s hold-up play is alright but it could be improved, far too often we were caught in possession around the half way line, especially towards the end. They are desperate for someone to put their foot on the ball in that area, Wright tries his best but Munns and Loft are the best in that role I think. They kept going out wide because they know Alex is weak defensively and doesn’t have much support out there. Still think Hoyte is the one to go for in that position for his running, commitment and experience.

Overall a good point in terrible conditions and I am confident that with our massive unbeaten run extended to three (!) games we can grab the three points on Saturday.
lupins

I choose not to quote one of the above threads but will just say that I agree that player did not have one of his finest games. However he has had plenty of good performances over the season and does not deserve that sort of tripe. That actually probably disappointed me nearly as much as the late equaliser, trouble is I kind of expected both.
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 pm I choose not to quote one of the above threads but will just say that I agree that player did not have one of his finest games. However he has had plenty of good performances over the season and does not deserve that sort of tripe. That actually probably disappointed me nearly as much as the late equaliser, trouble is I kind of expected both.
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

:clap: :clap: :clap:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:19 pm
lupins wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 pm I choose not to quote one of the above threads but will just say that I agree that player did not have one of his finest games. However he has had plenty of good performances over the season and does not deserve that sort of tripe. That actually probably disappointed me nearly as much as the late equaliser, trouble is I kind of expected both.
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Agree he was superb against Sutton and not his fault he’s been moved around a bit but a poor performance and a penalty miss means he will be subject to criticism