Your line-up v Sutton?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

Mentioned on the predictions that we haven't beaten Sutton before (at least not since we dropped from the League). Not entirely confident we will break the duck here but it would be a good time to, that's for sure.

Below us, Havant & Halifax play each other, Aldershot play Braintree, Dover & Maidenhead play each other and Chesterfield are home to Harrogate which isn't completely unwinnable given their good run currently. We could really use some points on Saturday.

One of the main grievances people have had with Taylor has been formations and line-ups, so I would be interested to see the consensus here for a tricky home game.

Personally I would like to see:

Justham
Hoyte Clark Goodliffe Gordon
Loft
McQueen Robinson Munns Balanta
Wilkinson

Moore, Manny, Phipps, Adeloye and Reynolds on the bench

I expect Manny on the bench to be wholly unpopular but I prefer 4 at the back. Clark has been good and I am just slightly more sold on Goodliffe personally.

I don't know if Balanta will be fit. If he's not to be honest it may be unconventional but I've been impressed with Gordon's attacking threat. Play him wide left and Smith (again....if fit :confuse: ) behind him.

For what it's worth, I think Taylor will play the 5.
DaggerJoel11

Personally...

(4-2-3-1)
GK: Elliot JUSTHAM
LB: Kenny CLARK
CB: Ben GOODLIFFE
CB: Manny ONARIASE
RB: Gavin HOYTE
CM: Harry PHIPPS
CM: Matt ROBINSON
LAM: Liam GORDON
CAM: Jack MUNNS
RAM: Alex MCQUEEN
ST: Conor WILKINSON
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Justham
Hoyte Manny Goodliffe Smith
McQueen Robinson Phipps Munns
Balanta Wilkinson

If Balanta still isn't fit then who knows. Probably bring Gordon in to make a back 5 and push McQueen and Munns up more in support of Wilko.

Any idea where Bellamy is? He played a friendly a couple of weeks ago and still no sign.
stanton101

You just know Loft will play, Hoyte won't get anywhere near the bench and either Kandi or the other non scorer Reynolds I'll be up top, just to make wilko's job that much tougher.
Balanta meanwhile I'll probably be on an Xbox or a PS4 somewhere.
It'll be a lovely day for football, we'll get beat, and Taylor I'll come out with the same old shite like "We've been working hard in training," We didn't play how we know we can" and We just lack that bit of quality.
The crowd I'll be around 1400. And everyone I'll have the hump, barring those from Sutton who'll be singing "you're shit and you know you are"
The ref will be a disgrace as per and the gap to the bottom four I'll look even closer.
Diggerthedog

If Balanta is not fit Reynolds can’t start, Adeloye has to be the option. If not just release him from his contract, best for both parties. It’s a huge game for us to get something from, even a draw to stop the rot and get us a point closer to where we need to be.

With big midweek away games coming up at Havant and Maidenhead we could be well and truly be up the creek without a paddle following those games, saving grace is the current bottom three do not look like catching us. Although the final place you might need more than 50 points to stay above it.

COYD
DaggerJoel11

We've been frustratingly unconvincing since the turn of the year but one thing that's evident is that we're really struggling without Balanta. The lineup remains impossible to predict but it's absolutely vital that we ease the pressure by getting back to winning ways quickly. At one point on Tuesday night, we fell to within three points of relegation and though the margin ultimately remained at five points, our proximity to the dreaded drop zone especially with some tough games coming up, is enough to cause panic. Whatever your opinion on Taylor and the way he's operating at the moment, we need to get behind him and the players once again. This could be a defining date in our season, hopefully it's the one which sparked a safe negotiation back into the luxury of mid-table obscurity.

Here's my preview ahead of the clash: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/blog1/th ... n-united-h
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Daggerfan

All of our good players and none of the crap ones I.e. Wright, Kandi & Reynolds.
A S dagger97

Easy:
gk
Justham
df
Gordon
Clark
Goodliffe or Onaraise
Nunn
dm
Phipps
Robinson
am
Munns
Balanta
McQueen
st
Wiljinson
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
A S dagger97

stanton101 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:15 am You just know Loft will play, Hoyte won't get anywhere near the bench and either Kandi or the other non scorer Reynolds I'll be up top, just to make wilko's job that much tougher.
Balanta meanwhile I'll probably be on an Xbox or a PS4 somewhere.
It'll be a lovely day for football, we'll get beat, and Taylor I'll come out with the same old shite like "We've been working hard in training," We didn't play how we know we can" and We just lack that bit of quality.
The crowd I'll be around 1400. And everyone I'll have the hump, barring those from Sutton who'll be singing "you're shit and you know you are"
The ref will be a disgrace as per and the gap to the bottom four I'll look even closer.
This will definitely happen but with a 'W' key 😂
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
ARNU

What was the line up. Couldn’t make it today I’m up north for the week.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Adeloye replaces Reynolds. He missed an absolute sitter, 6 yards out missed the ball and it hit his standing leg. He won nothing in the air. If it had been Mullings, he’d have got a dog’s abuse, instead people were chanting his name.
NBDag

Alan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:03 pm Adeloye replaces Reynolds. He missed an absolute sitter, 6 yards out missed the ball and it hit his standing leg. He won nothing in the air. If it had been Mullings, he’d have got a dog’s abuse, instead people were chanting his name.
Did miss an absolute sitter yes. But won countless fouls, beat their defenders several times and was one of our better players in a very strong team performance. God knows what you were watching.
Granddad

Today's referee was certainly "interesting" and Liam's booking was an absolute joke. Personally, I would have given the MOM award to McQueen but Mumms had another good game so its no big deal. I also thought Adeloyes link-up play with Wilko showed a great deal of promise. Anyway, three well-deserved points against a half decent Sutton side and onwards and upwards.
Alan

NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Alan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:03 pm Adeloye replaces Reynolds. He missed an absolute sitter, 6 yards out missed the ball and it hit his standing leg. He won nothing in the air. If it had been Mullings, he’d have got a dog’s abuse, instead people were chanting his name.
Did miss an absolute sitter yes. But won countless fouls, beat their defenders several times and was one of our better players in a very strong team performance. God knows what you were watching.
Same game as you. Because you dont dispute that he didn’t win anything in the air and saw him miss a sitter. Point I’m making is if Mullings had missed that sitter and win nothing in the air, he’d be getting a dogs abuse.

The ref was a joke. 4 times he pulled play back to give us a foul when we had the ball, most notably when Adeloye was through on the keeper.
NBDag

Alan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:34 pm
NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Same game as you. Because you dont dispute that he didn’t win anything in the air and saw him miss a sitter. Point I’m making is if Mullings had missed that sitter and win nothing in the air, he’d be getting a dogs abuse.

The ref was a joke. 4 times he pulled play back to give us a foul when we had the ball, most notably when Adeloye was through on the keeper.
He wasn’t prolific in the air but no one ever is at this level. Either way the difference between a Mullins and Reynolds is that they both got countless chances whilst producing next to nothing. Adeloye has been frozen out, came back in today and did much better than either of them. Isn’t quite the answer to our worries with Balanta injured, but has showed that he is a lot closer to the solution that the others. But I guess some people just want an excuse to moan don’t they.