Back To Earth

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well after watching both first legs of the Play Offs finishing 9th behind these four teams is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Ok all the defences look solid enough but they have hardly been tested.

On that eveidence a bit tighter at the back and we should have made it, how York put three past us in one half God only knows.

Big step up for the Winners , who ever goes up without a major overhaul are coming straight back down
speedy

Couldn't agree more Sussex. I thought last night's game in particular was a very poor advert for League 2, in fact i got so bored with it i switched over and watched the QPR second half. Burton / Southend will be much more capable of League 1 survival. As you say, we weren't far away on that showing.
Dagdale

Just watched briefly(that was enough!) of the second leg between Fleetwood Town and York City, absolute dross, all I hope those boys down Kursal way against the brewers tomorrow is a bit more like a game, so that's three out of four now a bad spectacle, in a way hope Fleetwood stay in our Division as one of my and I know a few other Daggers favourite places to travel away. Makes you really wonder now IF ONLY looking at what's been on view! Pope really looked good in goal though, available?
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well after watching both first legs of the Play Offs finishing 9th behind these four teams is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Ok all the defences look solid enough but they have hardly been tested.

On that eveidence a bit tighter at the back and we should have made it, how York put three past us in one half God only knows.

Big step up for the Winners , who ever goes up without a major overhaul are coming straight back down
Chris, you seem to change your mind every week on whether we're doing well or not.

Like most of the teams who finished 7th - 20th, we did well in around half our games and not as well in the other half. For a team that almost and probably deserved to go down the season before, it's a big improvement. Whilst our home form tailed off, we found some solidity away which is something that we've lacked since promotion to the Football League.

York were poor when we played them at home. You wouldn't have guessed that they'd be anywhere near the play offs that day whilst we looked like play off material. At their place, the roles were reversed. It sums up the league really. Bar a few teams, we're all pretty hot and cold.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lee you are right I am in utter confusion as to what we actually avheived.

9th was fantastic effort but when you see the teams that finished above us contesting the play offs cant help feeling should have been us..

Remember at York at half time talking to Dagdale confident that we were not going to lose that game. Somehow we did .

At that stage if you had told me that York would be in the play offs I would have told you to get yourselves looked at., the two games I have seen this week only confirmed that opinion and left me with the feeling of if only.
Phippo

Sliightly off topic, but 9th was about what we could have expected months ago! Forget the "fortunate" results (such as the Oxford reult here) because they stole a win at there place ealier in the season with virtually the last kick of the match. So what could/ should have been two draws ended with both clubs benefitting with an extra point each! We should be cautious going into next season because all too often clubs near the top of the table one season end up flirting with relegation the next (Northampton being a prime example).