Just announced

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Tomorrow’s Vanarama National League fixture against Maidenhead United has been called off due to the snowfall on the pitch at York Road
Dagger83

Seems a touch early to be calling it off given it's a fairly local game. Saying that, they can't win. Call it off early and risk a decent thaw tomorrow or wait till later and people moan it's too late.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mark

I thought in these situations they usually left the snow on the pitch as a blanket and swept it off a couple of hours before kick off. It isn't meant to drop below zero so the pitch shouldn't be frozen.

Although not sure why they haven't covered the pitch on advance of the snow.
DevonDagger

Advance notice is good, unlike what happened at Halifax. But sadly I have pre booked train tickets, looks like will be off to see Reading v Villa
Daggernewbie

They haven`t any frost covers apparently so the pitch is frozen as well the snow.
ARNU

It’s not just about the pitch. If the access to the ground or the terracing in the ground is deemed too slippy in today’s claim and blame culture small clubs can’t really afford the claims from the inevitable moaners who might slip over.

I’m sure we called a match off a few seasons back for that very reason.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !