John Still

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mikew

i think my message to everyone re john still- is " dont look back in anger. " We need to look at it like this. - without JS and the league 1 days - the cup runs and the league two and a higher profile- when the USA guys came in we had a heritage to show them . to say we took 30,000 to wembley to say we was averaging reasonable crowds-we had a tangible proof to give them so for that reasons i would applaud JS and thank him. if we had been rag arse rovers they wouldnt have bought into the club and want to take it forward.I personally think he was sacked at barnet and placed upstairs prior to our game whilst he saw his contract out - the spin was retiring to save a bit of face- and to be fair i guess he kinda earned that over all the years he has been in the game.And lets not forget when the USA guys came forward we- had an ex england manager PT with premier league experience to sit with them --i bet they loved it and love everything about him- so JS going off was a blessing. best thing that happened to us. !! thisngs happen fro areason -onwards and upwards COYD !!
CharlieC

mikew wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:46 pm i think my message to everyone re john still- is " dont look back in anger. " We need to look at it like this. - without JS and the league 1 days - the cup runs and the league two and a higher profile- when the USA guys came in we had a heritage to show them . to say we took 30,000 to wembley to say we was averaging reasonable crowds-we had a tangible proof to give them so for that reasons i would applaud JS and thank him. if we had been rag arse rovers they wouldnt have bought into the club and want to take it forward.I personally think he was sacked at barnet and placed upstairs prior to our game whilst he saw his contract out - the spin was retiring to save a bit of face- and to be fair i guess he kinda earned that over all the years he has been in the game.And lets not forget when the USA guys came forward we- had an ex england manager PT with premier league experience to sit with them --i bet they loved it and love everything about him- so JS going off was a blessing. best thing that happened to us. !! thisngs happen fro areason -onwards and upwards COYD !!
We didn’t take 30,000 to Wembley. 12,000 wasn’t it?
ARNU

17000 Daggers’s fans , well including 13000 hammers singing bubbles.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggerfrom70s

Just watched the YouTube vid. Bit of a PR job. He seemed a bit tired and not that enthusiastic about where the team are going. Bringing in HH from Braintree, a failed manager there but a good yes man. From what I saw was peripheral at Luton. I don't actually think JS will stay long at Maidstone. Has been great in the past but the way the game is now played has probably left him behind. Bit like Allardyce in the big boys leagues. Hoofball may keep you up for a time but doesnt bode well for the future and just not entertaining. Can be successful at this level but do you want to be bored watching your home team? It catches up with him at every team he manages. The Luton fans were pleased he got them into the League but got royally fed up with the style of play.
Auntie Merge

I still haven’t watched the video.
However, if i was in John Still’s shoes I would do exactly the same.
Late 60s, running out of steam and into retirement. Things are not going well
at one club, being offered silly money to go to another, knowing full well if he doesn’t do a great job the likelihood is he’d be paid off and be offered silly money elsewhere. So what if a few people call you a mercenary? You’ve got a family who in a couple of years you’ll be able to spend time with and have a nice nest egg of a pension to keep you comfortable.
No one can take away his achievements and no one can take away what he has done for this club. Yes, he got paid well for what he did but I don’t understand why people have an issue with people being paid well for doing a good job.

Good luck John and thank you.