Who`s eating their words now ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

I remember when loads of supporters were calling for Peter Taylor`s head how many will stand up and admit they were wrong now ?
RayleighDagger1986

Me, I got it wrong and man enough to admit it.
Daggerman

Like those calling for the head of Mr Thompson
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm I remember when loads of supporters were calling for Peter Taylor`s head how many will stand up and admit they were wrong now ?
Not sure they were wrong though.
At that point, it wa a painfully obvious that the squad he'd built wasn't good enough and the selections and tactics at times were erratic.
I know the usual stuff about having to do it with no money will be trotted out, but we had a big squad for a club with no money. The problem was the make up of the squad .

I'm glad he's turned it around once there was some money to use, but I don't think those that wanted him gone were wrong to do so.
Auntie Merge

Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:07 pm
Daggernewbie wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm I remember when loads of supporters were calling for Peter Taylor`s head how many will stand up and admit they were wrong now ?
Not sure they were wrong though.
At that point, it wa a painfully obvious that the squad he'd built wasn't good enough and the selections and tactics at times were erratic.
I know the usual stuff about having to do it with no money will be trotted out, but we had a big squad for a club with no money. The problem was the make up of the squad .

I'm glad he's turned it around once there was some money to use, but I don't think those that wanted him gone were wrong to do so.
This. I’m with Adrian. Of course I’m pleased that he had turned it around but the tactics and indecision at the time I was calling for him to go were extremely similar to what we saw with Burnett.
We didn’t know how much finance was coming in, and to have continued in the same way could have proved fatal for us.Thankfully the situation changed.
Pondfield Dagger

the money from americans definately helped taylor lol

clark, smith, manny, wikinson, bolanta all under them. all top notch for this level.

smith will establish himself also if he stays clear of injuries -300 games in league 1 and 2.
Grimsweeper

Burnett had an enormous budget compared to what PT had.

you cannot compare the two (IMO)

on wards and up wards

of course if those that have been campaigning and conspiring over recent times would like to admit the error of their ways.....
NBDag

This is rich coming from a member of the supporters club who have wanted Thompson gone for ages. If you had your way none of this would be happening. Will you eat your words?
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:21 pm This is rich coming from a member of the supporters club who have wanted Thompson gone for ages. If you had your way none of this would be happening. Will you eat your words?
Yet again someone assumes that all supporter club members wanted Thompson gone,what about non supporters club members and maybe even dare I say it members,so NBDag don`t assume everyone said that.
NBDag

But you did want him gone didn’t you
mickeyblue

Still wouldn't piss on tommo if he was in fire. Me I didn't want Taylor sacked either. Completely differant situations. Comparing the 2 is idiotic.
but we finished 9th!
Blackie645

Really is to early to judge Taylor, next season is the right time! He started the season with no money, now he has money to spend, next year if we are where we are then yes he can go.
Oxhead

Nonsense
NBDag

mickeyblue wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:52 pm Still wouldn't piss on tommo if he was in fire. Me I didn't want Taylor sacked either. Completely differant situations. Comparing the 2 is idiotic.
Not really “differant” (now that’s idiotic) situations. Both are more or less equally accountable for the successes and failures of a season. Just that one doesn’t really have the personality/history to get the praise that he deserves at times. For me that’s what is fickle.
LondonDagger

Sit down on the coach and be quiet. You're boring.