"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
daggersjeff

Excellent win today boys!!!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Much needed win, back on track now ! Great way to end a good week
Sagres

Hope Balanta is ok!!
Alan

Welcome 3 points, good to have Smith coming back. Hope Balanta is ok.
BB-Dagger

Good result well done boys! I’m also really pleased for Reynolds getting a goal, He has the talent could be just what he needs to boost his confidence. COYD
stanton101

Their bloke should have gone for that tackle on Balanta, dirty bastard.
The referee was shockingly poor, as was that dope of a linesman. First half we were awful and if wasn't for justham we'd have been at least three down. Second half we started to play a bit and got our rewards. Motm for me was kenny Clarke.
Welcome back Wilko.
DaggerJoel11

Hard to believe that in spite of one of our poorest overall displays in a long time, we've recorded our biggest win in just over a year. A better team, one with a player like Wilkinson up top, would've absolutely massacred us first-half. However nobody can argue with the way we took our chances, every goal was finished beautifully and it was the ultimate counter-attacking display, executed to perfection. Gifted them so many opportunities and were massively fortunate that they somehow didn't take them, but overall our vast superiority in both boxes decided the game. The best thing about it is that we've won 3-0 and there's still so much more to come from us!

Referee disgustingly shambolic as per usual. How wasn't their defender sent off for scything down Balanta?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

An average side beat a very very poor side.

If they were any good this would have been Boreham Wood all over again and they would have been 3 up before we even got into our stride.

Disgraceful treatment on Ballanta the thug had two goes at him ,the first he avoided but was wreckless none the less and the ref would I have sure gone back and booked him, the second was disgracefull clatter from behind.

The other talking point new seats for Elliott,Romain ,well from what i saw today that now looks a good swap
DevonDagger

Great win yesterday to keep the bottom four well at arms length. Generally seems we all saw the same game.

Occasionally I find it hard to judge whether you can say a team started quick or the other side just started poorly. In this instance it must have been both. I thought Manny and Nunny in particular looked vulnerable in that period and I was saying at the time we need a kick up the backside to get going. Nothing like a goal of your own to do just that, most reports suggest a comfortable headed finish but I found it rather amusing (after it went in) as when the ball arrived at Smith, for those few split seconds he looked totally bewildered to suddenly find himself in a position to score :grin: I see he's still in single figures for league goals scored so think we've witnessed something Yeovil supporters would tell us come at a premium.

Second half's play still appeared to favour Maidstone but I thought we at least defended more confidently and reassuringly. Though I haven't seen a goal mouth scramble of that degree in a while. I haven't seen back any highlights yet but I backed Conor to finish the moment he had a sight on goal, for a tall guy he really does have a burst of pace, from my angle he appeared to leave the defender trailing quite comfortably.

Pleased for Reynolds, nobody wishes for him to fail but like Mullins it hasn't gone well for him here so far. I thought he looked quite fresh and a nuisance for their defence after he'd come on so pleased he got a goal. Not sure it will earn him a start but let's hope he can kick on from here.

I despaired when I realised who it was officiating yesterday as a number of games I've seen him and rarely witnessed a good performance. Yesterday's display from Mr Allison was very frustrating as many decisions appeared to be 50/50 situations where you could flip a coin over which way he would give it after blowing up.
The horrible tackle on Angelo appeared on first viewing to me to be a clear case of serious foul play - if he'd simply tripped him or pushed him over I'd have no qualms over a yellow but the manor of the tackle looked really poor to me. Fortunately Terry Harris' interview suggests Angelo has escaped much more than numbness.

We made a few changes of which Smith and Robinson coming back from injury. Smith I thought did okay although he was beaten a few times by Romain one on one. Robinson looked a little rusty, battled hard as always but a few dodgy touches and stray passes occasionally. Nothing to go mad about though. A few games under their belt's will show improvement.

Another winnable one next against Aldershot - a decent club in a dire situation which I hope they can claw themselves out of after the game against us. Hope Howelly gets a good reception too, one of my favourite Daggers.
lupins

The referee totally bottled the Balanta incident. He booked the player for a cynical scything down after Balanta has left him yet ignored the similar attempt about ten yards earlier. He signalled play on for that and we all know had Balanta shot wide or kicked it out the referee would have gone back and booked him. It was 2 passages of play 2 bookings.
In terms of some poor touches during the game nothing will convince me that 3G pitches are good to watch football or assist good control etc
NBDag

Just seen the highlights, and I must say, it looks like Nunn had an absolute stinker. Gifted them some real chances. One of them a replication of his assist for Boreham Wood’s goal. On the whole I think he has been pretty decent this season, but it really looks like he is well off form since the new year.

Good to see Lemar score a good goal too- he’s been frustrating so far with a lot of good chances missed. Hopefully now he can kick on, as at the beginning of the season I really thought he had something about him.
jag

Again I thought we started really slow, similar to the previous few games and nearly paid the price, we could have been 3 down in the first 15 minutes if it wasn't for Elliot saving us again, Ben I like a lot but the last few games he has not been at his best it seems to me in the Boredom Wood game and again against Maidstone he has been slipping a lot ( Ben check your studs mate) Hey!! we won 3-0 once we got going the team started to play and excellent goals was supported by a solid defence, really looking forward to the Aldershot game.
HGDagger

I hear John Still could become Maidstone Manager?