Broomy
CMS
davei

Kenny Gray
Peter Greene
Dave Harris
Dennis Moore
Ian Huttley

No room for Jimmy Holder sadly, and although not in the top 5, for real madcap and unpredictable excitement, Roy Drake.................
Rustydagger

Mark Stein
Tony Roberts
Paul Benson
Craig Mackall-Smith
Paul Cobb
DI Mike Dashwood

Very tough this. I would go with:

Roberts
Vickers
Cole
Mustafa
Nurse

Beyond that list I would mention Doe, Vincelot, Cobb, Goodwin, Cavell, Benson, CMS, Uddin...........

We have been very lucky in 27 years to see some very good players when you think about it.

Hopefully in 18 months time people will be including some of the current crop on their lists.
stanton101

Tony Roberts
Paul Benson
Romain Vincelot
Abo Agogo
Scott Doe.
Mark

It is very tough. There are so many different factors to consider like ability, character, big moments, specific memories. I could probably name 30 or more players I've loved watching over the years in this post. Robbo is obviously the greatest in several categories but the OP was omitting him so...

Cole
Matthews
Junior
Ogogo
Heffer

Some of the mentioned names already like Vincelot, Gain, CMS are very hard to omit. Tbh, any of the trophy final, conference winning, playoff winning or conference runner-up sides would not be out of place in any list. In terms of slightly more left field selections, I loved watching Danny Hill and Mark Brennan as they were just superb technical players. I think Brennan could have become huge for us if he'd not got that injury fairly early on. Boucaud falls in a similar category, just miles above most players at this level technically.

Others that I really enjoyed but not necessarily because they did anything spectacular for us would include Griffiths, Taiwo (first time round), Femi, Courtney Naylor and probably loads more!
Granddad

Dennis Moore
Tony Roberts
Paul Cobb
Matt Richie
Zavron Hines (when fit)
Scoffer

Pre merger:
Joe Dunwell
Neville Fox
Mal Harkins
Jimmy Holder
John Borland

Post merger, taking Benno and Robbo as read:

CMS
Romain Vincelot
Mark Janney
Ian Richardson
Gary Butterworth

I see that someone mentioned Tarkan Mustafa earlier. I actually saw him play last Saturday, came on for the last ten minutes for Benfleet FC in the new Step 6 Eastern League Division One South. He is now 45 years old and is a coach at Benfleet.
Auntie Merge

Excluding Robbo nand Benson this is still really tough.

I reckon I’d go for

Paul Gothard
Jason Broom
Mark Stein
Josh Scott
Tim Cole

But we’ve had so many great players... 5 is not enough as I’d have to mention the two Lees - Matthews and Goodwin, CMS, Junior, Steve Heffer, Paul Cobb.... and that’s for starters.
DagenhamDan

Northern Redbridgian wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 pm Craig Mackail-Smith
Lee Matthews
Scott Griffiths
Junior McDougald
Anwar Uddin
What a list of players!