The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I enjoyed this last year. So I made it again. And if any of you mention Frimpong then there'll be hell to pay.

Anyway, here we go:

AFC Jack Midson: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27317501 (Will Antwi, anyone?)

Cheltenham: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27311764

Rochdale, is that the George Porter who was at Orient and Burnley?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27315784

12 released by Pirates: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27306777

One or two in that Carlisle list I think: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27293985

Crawley: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27284320

Go wild. We need a keeper I think. As well as a couple of wingers, I'd say.
Last edited by AVincelotFlyingLeap on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
matt_drfc

Out of those lists, I'd take Paul Jones and Billy Clarke from Crawley, Eliot Richards and Danny Woodards from Bristol Rovers and George Porter from Rochdale.

Frimpong.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

matt_drfc

I guessed Lewington and Femi would go. Not surprised at all
SUSSEX DAGGER

I recall hearing somewhere in the past that Lewington was a Teacher in his spare time.

Sounds like he wanted out . Just another case of our wage structure meaning he would be better off going Part time lets face it he may not have been the best but was far from the worst.

Anyhow whatevercthe reason hood luck Chris for the future and that goes for Femi to.
TommyD&R

Opens the door for jake cole and thomas cruise like I said. Pleased theyre keeping, or negotiating new contracts with at least, goldberg, affy and hoyte.
shoreyda2nd

TommyD&R wrote:Opens the door for jake cole and thomas cruise like I said. Pleased theyre keeping, or negotiating new contracts with at least, goldberg, affy and hoyte.
I'd be surprised if we signed Cruise. He played for us in a friendly a couple of summer's ago and didn't look anything special, so unless he'll sign for peanuts as cover for Connors I can't see it happening. Off-topic but left-back related, McCrory was voted players' player of the year at Burton. A contrasting year for him and Femi!
TommyD&R

shoreyda2nd wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Opens the door for jake cole and thomas cruise like I said. Pleased theyre keeping, or negotiating new contracts with at least, goldberg, affy and hoyte.
I'd be surprised if we signed Cruise. He played for us in a friendly a couple of summer's ago and didn't look anything special, so unless he'll sign for peanuts as cover for Connors I can't see it happening. Off-topic but left-back related, McCrory was voted players' player of the year at Burton. A contrasting year for him and Femi!
I never knew he turned out for us! Any idea what game it was?
dagger4eva

I can't say I'm particularly disappointed to see any of the 3 leave whilst obviously wishing them well for their future careers.

Lewington obviously improved greatly from that nightmare debut at St Mary's. But what young keeper making their debut with an hours notice wouldn't have had a debut like that!?
BUT, whilst his shot shopping was second to none, the rest of his game I found quite frustrating. Could possibly do a job in the Conference National.

Femi has probably just had his worst season for us. Best known for his marauding runs up the wing but even they dried up this year.
Distribution was generally terrible and his only real attribute was that he was quick & strong & sometimes difficult to get past. Will do ok in the Conference South but probably no higher.

Alex Osborn - hard to comment on really. Wayne says he wasnt really given much of a chance and then next sentence says he has all the attributes required. Surely it would have made sense to give him A chance & see how he faired. Nonetheless, will probably end up at Bishop Stortford and spend his career knocking about at that level.
Mark

Conference South? Hahaha.
leewilson

TommyD&R wrote:
shoreyda2nd wrote:
I never knew he turned out for us! Any idea what game it was?
Would definitely take Jake Cole. I'm not too keen on Cruise either to be honest.
matt_drfc

Just watched Wayne's Interviews on Daggers Player, the question about whether Zav and Rhys will be in the squad for the first game of the season, his answer was as if both will certainly be here, just whether they recover from their injuries. Does this mean Zav has signed/signing a new contract?? (Please)

He did also say in the other interview that a couple more will be going as their contracts are up. And we are looking for mainly strikers and wingers, but of course now a keeper and left back.

Ps Arnu, thank your son for asking the question about the smiley face on the white board lol
ARNU

Shame about Femi,totally expected it though as it was obvious Wayne didn't like him.This in turn shattered his confidence and that's why he didn't have the best season.I wish him well and hope he does kick on somewhere else as I think with the right management he's still got loads to offer.Likewise with lewy,despite my occasional dig he was a good keeper and servant.I wonder if Johny Still will have a look at them both ?

Consider my son thanked Matt.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I'd quite fancy Femi to join a non league side, and if I were him I'd consider working on my crossing and converting to left winger, to be honest. He's been working on his defending for 3 years and it's still shit, if he learns how to cross and finish properly I reckon he could flourish as a winger a la McRory.
Lcbdagger

Femi in front of Griffiths at Luton would be an interesting left hand side next season

Hoping that Femi2 and Hoyte stay

Hoping we bring in a true winger this summer instead of a striker to sit out wide like we did with Azeez