The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Mansfield: - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27356821

I think teams are being quicker than normal here, it's only the 10th and we've had nearly everyone
daggersjeff

mickeyblue wrote:just hope we get a keeper in, i dont want us to go through the loan system with keepers. a good keeper could make or break our season
Would be interesting to see Krysiak here now Exeter have let him go.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

daggersjeff wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:just hope we get a keeper in, i dont want us to go through the loan system with keepers. a good keeper could make or break our season
Would be interesting to see Krysiak here now Exeter have let him go.
I thought about him, would be a huge coup IMO, he's a good keeper
matt_drfc

D'Ath released by Reading, even though I'm not his biggest fan, I would take him he's got potential.. Anyone else?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Swindon. Benson. You know the drill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27272828
Diggerthedog

Would like to see using him if the monies right, he would make a good replacement for Abu.
Lcbdagger

Replacement for Abu?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

In the ask wayne video he said he'd made inquiries for Azeez and Norris, but not D'Ath. Which is interesting, because I thought Azeez was pretty crap and D'Ath was actually quite a useful player
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:Replacement for Abu?
If he is injured I was thinking about, but would not surprise me if someone came in for him.

Azeez is pretty good i thought, certainly a good option for us.
OBD

People saying they wouldn't have Cruise? The kid was Torquays best player when they came here and had Champions League experience with Arsenal.

Don't see the point in keeping Azeez but Norris would be a huge coup. I would be amazed if we managed to keep him though.
@OfficialBigDave
Adrian

I'm not sure being Torquays best player in that game is much of an endorsement.
As for Champions League experience, one meaningless game at the end of the group phase is hardly setting the world alight.

In two seasons he's only played about half the games.
OBD

I expect Connors to be rotated in and out the side again next season as he continues to develop, so I wouldn't expect Cruise to play more than half the games.
@OfficialBigDave
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Adrian wrote:As for Champions League experience, one meaningless game at the end of the group phase is hardly setting the world alight.
That's not what his agent will be saying
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Ok, retained list is here:

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/d ... 50335.aspx

So Dickson is out, Hines and Hoyte and Goldberg have been offered new deals, and Seabright and Obafemi 'are currently in discussions about the best way to go forward'. That sounds ominous.
matt_drfc

http://bit.ly/1jcSbTn here's the B&D post link also.

I'm very happy with the players offered new contracts. Players released is probably spot on.

Looks like Seabright and Obafemi will come back for pre-season, hope they both stay. Assuming Seabright doesn't do well enough to earn a contract, we will need 2 keepers, that's not easy at all. Fingers crossed Hoyte and Zav stay very important players, and Goldberg certainly looks like the next 'gem'. Wouldn't have complained if Dickson stayed, but probably the best decision for him to go, he would have been on quite a bit of money aswell.