Least Enjoyable Home Game Since When?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Nothing came off for Angelo yesterday but he at least has built up a bit of capital with the fans by being superb in our two big wins beforehand.
DI Mike Dashwood

I would agree with Alan's post earlier in the thread. It wasn't great, but we weren't going to win every game from now till the end of the season. And although it was bad, we still created three very clear chances and should have got something out of the game in the end.

The squad has obviously improved in last two months (with 4 or 5 very good additions) but it's still an overall squad that was put together on a shoestring, and it will take a few months (probably into next season) to get things totally sorted.

I think the recent run, and especially the Orient and Salford results raised hopes of a play off push, but that was probably a bit unrealistic, and baring in mind some loanees may go back in next few weeks we are likely to see a few more games like yesterday before the end of the season.

People should be patient and stick with it though. The last few weeks have been brilliant, and I am still looking forward to Tuesday afternoon!!!
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:35 pm I would agree with Alan's post earlier in the thread. It wasn't great, but we weren't going to win every game from now till the end of the season. And although it was bad, we still created three very clear chances and should have got something out of the game in the end.

The squad has obviously improved in last two months (with 4 or 5 very good additions) but it's still an overall squad that was put together on a shoestring, and it will take a few months (probably into next season) to get things totally sorted.

I think the recent run, and especially the Orient and Salford results raised hopes of a play off push, but that was probably a bit unrealistic, and baring in mind some loanees may go back in next few weeks we are likely to see a few more games like yesterday before the end of the season.

People should be patient and stick with it though. The last few weeks have been brilliant, and I am still looking forward to Tuesday afternoon!!!
I don't think anyone thinks we should win every game.
I don't think anyone expected the run to continue.

That doesn't mean that we should pretend that there weren't some big problems with the way the squad was initially built.
It wasn't a small squad, which doesn't make a lot d sense given the constraints.There seemed to be no focus on quality and was all about quantity.

A couple of decent players and a good run have really papered over the cracks, but we saw how big they are yesterday.

I've read a lot of digs aimed at those that questioned Taylor a while a go. I don't think it's unreasonable to remind them of why that happened when we've had a game that demonstrated it very well.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm
Mark wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:10 pm We lost a lot of floating fans from boxing day despite an exciting game. Casuals never seem to stick around.

Bellamy should be available around the next couple of games, as should Smith.

I can only assume Tomi is injured. I will say though that Mullings missed a sitter as Tomi has many times this season, and he wasn't one of the worst 3 players on the pitch, I really struggle to understand why he is singled out. He's not very good but he's not alone there.
He was written off by a few before he'd even played for us and they won't budge on him. Some of the grief he got yesterday was just silly.
People moaning that he didn't jump for a ball that was coming in at his chest.
The miss was terrible, but so was Reynolds control when he was put through. No-one has mentioned that Balanta had a bit of a shocker as well yesterday.
Balanta has been brilliant since he come and you can forgive him an average performance, Mullins next job will be carrying kids up and down Blackpool beach.