John Still retires

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Enjoy your retirement from management John!

This may be six months too late TBH but whatever you may think of his various exits from the club, John remains a Daggers legend.

2006/07 - Don't stop me now mix: http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... aggers.mp3

lupins

Excellent tribute

Sometimes a little reminder of just how big an achievement that was isn't a bad thing
stanton101

Shit trousers, too afraid his Barnet will get spanked tomorrow.
Good riddance hoofball.
Mike the Dagger

stanton101 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:36 pm Shit trousers, too afraid his Barnet will get spanked tomorrow.
Good riddance hoofball.
Twat
Hardy1

stanton101 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:36 pm Shit trousers, too afraid his Barnet will get spanked tomorrow.
Good riddance hoofball.
Wooooaaahh! You are an attention seeking fool aren't you and you've raised my attention with your pathetic post!

John Still, a great servant to football and a tremendous man. Happy retirement from football management. A man that gave many a Daggers fan dreams they never thought would come true. A true legend, end of.
Auntie Merge

Best of luck with retirement John.

He was manager of Leytonstone Ilford when I first started warching them in 1982.
I really thought he would retire last season, firstly I couldn’t believe that Mrs Still didn’t start divorce proceedings when he signed that 2 year extension with us.
Secondly when he got ill.

A Daggers Legend who gave us all some amazing times over the years.
His dad knows what he has done and his dad would be very proud of all he achieved.
BAC3F8C5-1EB1-455F-97C3-FB8409B7615D.jpeg
Diggerthedog

People are allowed opinions and if they don’t see him as a legend that’s their right. He left our club in the summer couldn’t give a crap what he does with his life, thanks for the memories and all that.
ARNU

Johnny Hoof Bury Road Roof !

Good luck to the man.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

Yep my opinion is same as Mike,
utter twat
but we finished 9th!
stanton101

Hardy1 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm
Good riddance hoofball.
Wooooaaahh! You are an attention seeking fool aren't you and you've raised my attention with your pathetic post!

John Still, a great servant to football and a tremendous man. Happy retirement from football management. A man that gave many a Daggers fan dreams they never thought would come true. A true legend, end of.
40 odd posts in 6 years, proper keyboard warrior.
stanton101

Mike the Dagger wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:53 pm
Good riddance hoofball.
Twat
I agree, he is.
Adrian

Anyone that is not able to show some respect for what Still achieved with this club doesn't deserve to have any respect shown to their opinion. They're idiots.

Weirdly a lot of those that don't seem to be able to have respect would probably not be supporting the club if it wasn't for what he achieved.

It was far from being perfect but John Still brought times to this club that were beyond the wildest expectations of anyone that was around while we were in the Ryman League or even when Garry Hill left and it had all gone a bit wrong.
Auntie Merge

people who criticise John Still obviously weren’t here during the Graham Carr/Dave Cusack years.
stanton101

Adrian wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:33 pm Anyone that is not able to show some respect for what Still achieved with this club doesn't deserve to have any respect shown to their opinion. They're idiots.

Weirdly a lot of those that don't seem to be able to have respect would probably not be supporting the club if it wasn't for what he achieved.

It was far from being perfect but John Still brought times to this club that were beyond the wildest expectations of anyone that was around while we were in the Ryman League or even when Garry Hill left and it had all gone a bit wrong.
:grin: I knew it wouldn't take long
[complaint received: edited by Admin]
digdagmalc

John Still should have a statue at the top of Victoria Rd, for what he has achieved for our club. Without him we probably wouldn't have a club. After Garry Hill left we were skint. Not only did he manage to keep us afloat in the Conference, two years later he took us up!!! He attracted players on peanuts in those years, who came to Dagenham because of him. None of the financial crisis of the last few years was down to him, yes , he took some of our players, but we needed to get them off the wage bill. Anyone who criticises him, re his style of football is entitled to their opinion, but his style kept us in the League2, look what happened when Wayne Burnett took over, for two years with John's team we stayed up, the moment he had to put his own team together and tried to play a different style we got relegated. You don't stay in the game as long as John has by being a poor manager. Also, he is a gentleman, he has my utmost respect.