FCUK A DUCK

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

I thought they were a good team as the table suggests. It's irrelevant whether previous conference winners are better than them, they are the best this season. They attacked very well down the flanks with Ling and Windowson and undoubtedly earlier on in the season we'd have been humped. But we dug in and stayed in the game and earned any 'luck' we had. Great day.
Now the SE27 Dagger
DaggerJoel11

There's no denying that we've been getting the rub of the green recently but these were the things that in August and September seemed to go against us.

Orient were perhaps unlucky with the handball (which you can see at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3haZUY7EGAY at 5:04) but they never really had a chance that you thought had to go in. In fact, during the first half especially, it was Orient getting the luck as Wilkinson was twice denied by their keeper, one of which bounced back off him and to a covering defender. That could've bounced anywhere: to one of ours or even in the net, but it was pure fortune that it bobbled to safety. You could argue that's luck. Then you have the penalty Wilko could've had, which was as reasonable a claim as theirs.

The deflected winner is lucky to an extent but it's not like it's ricocheted in a completely different direction. The destination of the shot and it's eventual trajectory were pretty much similar, so who's to say that Nunny's strike isn't sneaking in at the near post anyway. It's hardly luck, that happens everywhere, every single day.

They were a good side but no doubt have performed so much better this season. Still, their first XI possessed some serious talent and it took a massive effort to defeat them, but the fact that we can beat the top two in the league shows that there's nobody to fear in this division. Highly doubt the O's would survive in League 2 with that current squad. The last worthy champion was surely Cheltenham when they got about 100 points, Macclesfield are struggling and Orient probably would too.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Think Nunn's shot was going straight at the gk tbh l, I was right behind it, doesn't matter either way as loads of deflected goals go in at both ends. As you say, they had their own luck too.

I think they were one of the better sides we've seen but had an off day in front of goal. I think they're probably better than Salford, but they are nothing special and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Even the top sides seem to just bang on the door all game rather than show any real guile to unlock you. Salford, Harrogate and Orient play at a higher tempo and seem to keep going at it for 90 minutes, with a lot of pace and physicality. It's difficult to resist them for a whole match but if you can defend resolutely then you've got a good chance.
Granddad

The form book and recent scorelines show the best team in the league beat a couple of inferior teams who can't cope with our desire and work rate. Instead of keep talking about luck perhaps we should start getting used to the fact we now have a very special team that can take us back into the EFL this season against all the odds.
HGDagger

Just thought I'd check out our record attendances and Wednesday was our biggest home attendance in the League for over 5 and a half years since the York game- last game of the 2012/13 season, before that we hadn't got attendances like that since our League 1 Days