Salford

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Fantastic result today.

Well done the lads

😃😃😃😃😃😃
BB-Dagger

Great result, well done lads and to all that travelled up today, now a healthy 10 points from the drop zone :yay:
digdagmalc

:What a result. Superb effort from the lads. Whisper it quietly but playoffs?
Alan

Incredible result, especially with some players missing.

Time to try to sign Oniarise and Wilkinson?
ARNU

That's gotta be up there for win of the season. Well done. Taylor out!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Could have been even more emphatic. Not only did we gift them a goal we had at Least two other guilt edge chances.

Fantastic effort not only did we smash their unbeaten home record we did it the hard way.

Absolutely fantastic team effort 13 players today and never have 13 Players ever given more for the shirt.

Salford are a very very good team and they will go up I am certain but boy we made them look second rate for good periods of that game and we deserved everything we got.

Great effort from the travelling fans who even after the set back got behind the team and roared them home
Dagdale

What a result! And even more so after giving away the only bad bit of defending all game for their lead, when that guy second half curled that great shot against our crossbar then knew were see it out and take the game, a great win against a very good Step 1 side on their unbeaten turf could supporting the daggers be any better at the moment? There''s so much to take in after this latest episode, just somehow can we keep hold of Ben and Conor longer? All round were becoming such a good solid unit and whoever thought a few weeks back it would move up to this? Amazing !
dagger4eva

Since results started to turn in our favour, this must surely rank as the best and most satisfying.

To beat a team like Salford, with all their dosh, on their own patch is superb.

Earlier in the season we would (quite rightly) have been viewed by rest of the league as the easy pickings.
Yet now, not a single 1 of the other 23 clubs will be viewing us as another other than a bloody hard game. Long may that continue...

Merry Christmas to you all
NBDag

Must say I thought our unbeaten run was almost certain to come to an end yesterday. But what a result- to put into context how far we have come in the space of a couple of months is that this is the team which we still struggled to beat (or even score against) when they had 10 men for the majority of the game.

Long may this continue. Any result against Orient and a win against that side of Dagenham rejects will make Christmas a bloody amazing one.

How long do we have Manny, Ben, and Conor on loan for? The chance of us signing them is slim to nil, but Christ we could be a serious force next season if we did.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:42 am Since results started to turn in our favour, this must surely rank as the best and most satisfying.

Earlier in the season we would (quite rightly) have been viewed by rest of the league as the easy pickings.
Yet now, not a single 1 of the other 23 clubs will be viewing us as another other than a bloody hard game. Long may that continue...

We might of looked easy pickings D4e but even when results went against us I can't remember many games were we did not at leat give the opposistion a game.

The away games that I saw at Aldershot Barnet
Halifax Eastleigh were all games that I firmly think we should have got something more from.

Best thing to happen was them scoring yesterday in hindsight because until then we looked like we were scared to be beat. It was another gift of a goal from another restart. Once they scored you got the feeling that the view went round that team that well we might as well go down two or three but let's Least give it a go.

From that moment on the heart and desire looked infectious and boy there was only 106 of us but what a racket and noise that lot stuck up.

Stop Player of season now because The Keepers double save at the end is another incrediable piece of Goalkeeping

Over recent weeks of that lad had not been the best keeper in the League on many occasions them we would be in a relegation dogfight with the despondent mood that goes with it.

This run is the defining period of our season and the Goalkeeper has saved us half the 10 points
we are clear of the bottom four
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 am
dagger4eva wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:42 am Since results started to turn in our favour, this must surely rank as the best and most satisfying.

We might of looked easy pickings D4e but even when results went against us I can't remember many games were we did not at leat give the opposistion a game.

The away games that I saw at Aldershot Barnet
Halifax Eastleigh were all games that I firmly think we should have got something more from.

Best thing to happen was them scoring yesterday in hindsight because until then we looked like we were scared to be beat. It was another gift of a goal from another restart. Once they scored you got the feeling that the view went round that team that well we might as well go down two or three but let's Least give it a go.

From that moment on the heart and desire looked infectious and boy there was only 106 of us but what a racket and noise that lot stuck up.

Stop Player of season now because The Keepers double save at the end is another incrediable piece of Goalkeeping

Over recent weeks of that lad had not been the best keeper in the League on many occasions them we would be in a relegation dogfight with the despondent mood that goes with it.

This run is the defining period of our season and the Goalkeeper has saved us half the 10 points
we are clear of the bottom four
Can’t disagree with any of that, fantastic team performance after they scored. Before we equalised there were two superb passing moves by us and what a great header from Wilkinson. Justham made a one on one save after we equalised.

Second half they came at us but great defending nullified any threat they had as the could not get through us and had to start loading the box with crosses and throwing on their new £100k striker. We had some good chances but picked the wrong pass at times and got the goal from a corner, another great header. They hit the bar after that and we could have score through Munns but his touch to go around the goalkeeper was heavy. Two great saves saw us home to a well earned 3 points. They had about £700k worth of strikers on the pitch, embarrassing riches and all Alexander could do was moan about the ref at the end.

David can beat Goliath so let’s do the same Boxing Day.

Happy Xmas All.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Well done to all the fans that travelled, what a result !!!! Yeah
Keane Handley

Here is my report from the Salford game:
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/?m=1
DaggerJoel11

Absolute nightmare to get to if going by train but a well-rewarded effort for everybody that made it, the epitome of a 'Daggers' display with such a determination about the way we defended. Can see why their home record was so good because they could've quite easily got a point but we simply wouldn't lie down, even when it seemed for all the world like they were on the verge of finding the net, one of our lot would burst their lungs to get a block or tackle in and for me that sums up our recent turnaround. We have the quality as demonstrated by two outstandingly good headers, we've got the belief to beat any team and you can see that by the way we were unfazed, but above all else we've got desire and that's one department that Salford couldn't use their millions to outdo us in. All in all an absolutely fantastic day and stands us in great stead for a busy few days, Salford away is a harder game than Orient at home in my opinion so who knows what will happen there? So proud of the boys, we're an absolute pleasure to watch and you could see how much it meant to the team.

Finally, as usual I've produced a match report from the encounter if anybody fancies a read! Still hasn't really sunk in yet.
https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

Couple of good accurate reports there well done, point raised about location and it had me before Saturday looking at various options, as some of us, are returning there in less than three weeks and perhaps fans not in a group (taxi option) or coming by supporters coach this passage to the ground from Manchester Piccadilly is far simpler than I first thought. 2 ways by a number of buses and a £2.90 single or £4.80 return fare and a 15 to 20 minute ride, Witch Way X43 a 5 to 7 minute walk from the station onto Portland Street (their Regent ST) left by Yates Pub and running along side the Chorlton Street Bus Station about 4 an hr, and the First Bus No's 97 & 98 from Shudehill Bus station, 10 minute walk other direction a walk past Piccadilly Gardens (Spoons) and alongside Market Street right at Debenhams past Arndale Centre Food Court (Well worth a venture) is also a very regular service. Alight at the Hazeldean Hotel on Bury Park Road and branch first left the ground is 5 minute up Moor Lane to the left. Also there are boozers but less than a fifteen minute walk away found the splendid Fairways Lodge off Bury Park Road (Prestwich) so friendly, excellent drink, food and football. Returning one minute a bus and a great drink in centre celebrating a fantastic win. Wonder what the fans thought about their ground? Thought it was quite nicely laid out all covered, stewards okay, refreshments fair choice and what a good day it turned out.