Sod that.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Game was unsegregated so you could sit or stand where you liked.
Dagdale

Rode it out under a fair bit of attack by the Fleet yesterday under awful conditions and at that time against the run of play a clear Balanta on the right flank and a lovely little chip over Ashmore sent us all home happy, impressed with first time see Lewis Moore and our defending was top notch yesterday. Well done to all who battled it, think its well worth going here, Fleet are a welcoming bunch and in Garry Hill a great bloke who yet again spoke highly of us in his notes, no segregation thus nearly all under cover and everybody gets on fine and exactly why non league football is a credit, and a first class train in the High Speed Javelin and so quick. Bedford Town and Benno, if they see off the Shots next one would sound sweet? Can we now get drawn with Northern outfits past first round? a big question yesterday on terrace
Sagres

Dagdale wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:24 am Can we now get drawn with Northern outfits past first round? a big question yesterday on terrace
Yes - 1st round is regionalised, 2nd round onwards is national.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Really impressed we managed to hold on against the Ebbsfleet all stars - with Kedwell, Corey Whitely, Michael Cheek, Lawrie Wilson, Cody McDonald et al they’re a good team on paper (in 2012). I thought Lewis Moore was actually very good - think he made two good reaction saves and a couple of other stops as well as they peppered our goal throughout. Liam Gordon as well with a good performance, he strikes me as lacking in quality but committed and diligent - fair play to him for shutting down Wilson and Whitely on a freezing rainy afternoon.

I’m still not completely sold on the back three - it does work well but I’m not sure where it leaves McQueen and it’s a lot of work for Phipps. I’d maybe drop McQueen or use him as an impact sub and pick two central midfielders.

I genuinely can’t remember the last time I saw them win in a cup game. I think it might have been a JPT game in about 2013. So let’s have a cup run please. Literally 11 minutes to Stratford on the train too - I was back home by quarter to six. On to the next one !
NBDag

Didn’t go to the game, but I must admit that when I saw the defence I was shocked and thought that we aren’t looking to win. Silly of me to forget that Peter Taylor is a genius and we would destroy any team in our way. Great result, as said, I can’t remember the last time we won in a cup match. Up the reds.
DI Mike Dashwood

Would be nice to have a run in Trophy this Year. Stilly did amazing job for us, but cup runs were few and far between under him, in any competition. No League Cup win at all while in League, minimal progress in JPT (or whatever it has been called), two appearances in FA Cup 3rd round (but one he wasn't involved in getting us there) and one in the 2nd round (at Leicester). I can't remember much else with maybe the exception of a Trophy Quarter Final in 2006 (I think)?? Same as our Boxing Day performances and results.

My wishes for the remainder of the season would be a Boxing Day win, a mid table finish and a trip to Wembley on May 19th!!!! The Trophy may not be what it was due to the unfortunate way football has changed (much like the FA Cup), but would still be a great day out.

The draw is 12.45pm by way.