Matchday Hospitality

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

It seems that season ticket holders now have to pay a premium if they want to have match day hospitality, unless its a game where there are no bookings.

I have been told by Charlie today that to participate in the match day hospitality, I'd have to pay the full rate of £65 with no reduction for having a season ticket. (Where as previously it has been £20/£25 dependent on the game).

(Counts to ten and waits for the usual suspects to respond).

:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:
CharlieC

In essence, it’s £65 for a roast dinner if you have a season ticket. Ridiculous
Diggerthedog

It’s supply and demand so no surprise. Pipe Major does a much better carvery anyway.
Alan

Just silly. Has to be a discount if you’ve already got a matchday ticket.
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:18 pm Just silly. Has to be a discount if you’ve already got a matchday ticket.
You’d think so. That is why I emailed twice on the subject and then phoned to have a discussion to ensure I hadn’t misunderstood, and was told no, full £65 no discounts. This means season ticket holders pay around £85 for the hospitality instead of £65.

Maybe they are doing this because they no longer want regular supporters in the sponsors lounge. Backwards move.
rebeldagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:59 pm It’s supply and demand so no surprise. Pipe Major does a much better carvery anyway.
Careful,I was shouted down last time I mentioned The Pipe Major on here. Dare fans go to a local pub employing local people before / after a game. Whilst also spending money at the club.
Alan

Was that the suggestion that the club ask the Pipe to employ more staff on match days? If it was, that’s rather different.
rebeldagger

I can appreciate it may have come across as that way. Yet was said more in jest as the bar seemed understaffed and some what expectant of the surge in customers on an otherwise quiet Tuesday night.
bloke down the pub

Have a look at the toilets behind the Carling stand, not sure if the same type of hygiene is applied to all facilities at the club. Not a good advert to sell carvery style food at £65.
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 pm
Alan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:18 pm Just silly. Has to be a discount if you’ve already got a matchday ticket.
You’d think so. That is why I emailed twice on the subject and then phoned to have a discussion to ensure I hadn’t misunderstood, and was told no, full £65 no discounts. This means season ticket holders pay around £85 for the hospitality instead of £65.

Maybe they are doing this because they no longer want regular supporters in the sponsors lounge. Backwards move.
This seems like a backward step to me, although I note that the Orient game is sold out now.

I presume you emailed the club on this? What was the response?
mickeyblue

For me it depends on wether your using the box or sitting/standing in your usual spot.
If your sitting in the sponsor box then yes you should pay full price.
If your using your ticket then should be a discount not £20 tho.
but we finished 9th!
DI Mike Dashwood

Surely it depends on whether the Club is selling the spots or not?? Supply and demand etc.

If they are filling these spots charging normal/full price then why do they need to reduce them?? If they have a half empty lounge for games then it is shortsighted of the club not to offer the reduced rate to ST holders.

I always enjoy it when we do it. We sponsor a game each year (20 of us) and 5 or 6 of us are ST holders and pay the same as everyone else. End of day, half reason you do it is to help the club so I don't mind paying the full whack. And as the last poster said, we choose for that game to sit in the sponsors seats rather than our own, so it's right we pay the full amount. The carvery is ok, but on top of that we are always made to feel welcome by the staff and the club which is the most important part of the day.

One minute people say they want the club run more professionally and as a business, and then the next minute people are moaning about something that may have been made as a sensible business decision.
Auntie Merge

Sorry, lost track of most of this thread. I'm deep in working on my new business and have other priorities at present. I have had a long email from the club, and when I've had a chance to read and digest it I may comment further.

One thing I will say, someone in this thread commented about the toilets in the Carling Stand. I have been complaining about these for a while and I understand our lovely American owners will be addressing issues like this in the new year,
Diggerthedog

Did not realise Tim Howard was a plumber :grin: