Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
grumpy old git

Chesterfield having a clear out, Zavon Hines anyone.
BB-Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm Zavon.... Image
:lol: good post
Zavon was excellent in his time here and I remember him tearing Colchester another ar$hole in a cup game one evening, but not an option for us now.
Granddad

If we could get him on a pay as you play deal he could be worth a punt. Am I correct in thinking it was Chesterfield that had a big lump of a centre-forward who was almost unplayable?. If so and we could sign him that would be great IMO.
EssexDagger!

Hines has managed to stay relatively injury free the past 18 months now, might of finally put his injury issues behind him! Was brilliant for Maidstone last year and On the Chesterfield forum, their fans are saying he is head and shoulders above the rest of their team!

Surely a better quality option than Kandi ??
Diggerthedog

Davey was injury prone, did not stop us signing him. As per the poster said above Hines has proved his fitness last 18 months. He would be buzzing to join the American revolution.
DevonDagger

Granddad wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm If we could get him on a pay as you play deal he could be worth a punt. Am I correct in thinking it was Chesterfield that had a big lump of a centre-forward who was almost unplayable?. If so and we could sign him that would be great IMO.
He's under probably a pretty reasonable contract at Chesterfield, whether they want him or not I cannot see him passing that up for a pay-as-you-play?
Whether we should or not, personally do not see it very likely we will see Zavon, I would be surprised.

Categorically no thank you to Denton, he may have looked unplayable against us but I think that might have been more down to the defending.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm Davey was injury prone, did not stop us signing him. As per the poster said above Hines has proved his fitness last 18 months. He would be buzzing to join the American revolution.
Davey was injury prone and signed when we were on our uppers.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:59 pm Davey was injury prone, did not stop us signing him. As per the poster said above Hines has proved his fitness last 18 months. He would be buzzing to join the American revolution.
Davey was injury prone and signed when we were on our uppers.
Makes no sense, you have a tight budget so sign a player that might have a good chance of not playing due to injury.
NBDag

Works the other way though doesn’t it? Sign a player on the cheap because they’re injury prone, if they then get badly injured you would probably have insurance to cover part of their salary.

But I wouldn’t want Zavon back. He’s an attacker in a team that’s pretty pants and was part of a pants team last season too. I liked him when he was here, but we can now do better.
RM1Dagger

DevonDagger wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm
Granddad wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm If we could get him on a pay as you play deal he could be worth a punt. Am I correct in thinking it was Chesterfield that had a big lump of a centre-forward who was almost unplayable?. If so and we could sign him that would be great IMO.
He's under probably a pretty reasonable contract at Chesterfield, whether they want him or not I cannot see him passing that up for a pay-as-you-play?
Whether we should or not, personally do not see it very likely we will see Zavon, I would be surprised.

Categorically no thank you to Denton, he may have looked unplayable against us but I think that might have been more down to the defending.
He played for Halifax last season I think and didn't really cause any issues at our place and he didn't look very good for Chesterfield this season. He'll get a few goals being the lump he is but any competent susses his limitations.
Now the SE27 Dagger
A S dagger97

One of the most talanted players we had in our FL days anf could have played at a higher level without the numerous injuries he had. Hope for his sake that he's over that now and personally feel he'd be a good addition to the team but not great for us financially. There's cheaper options that can improve us if you look for them.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
HGDagger

I dont know about Hines because he is injury prone. I wouldn't mind Tom Denton as another big lump option for when Wilkinson doesn't play.
Dagger83

I work with a Halifax fan and he thought Denton was an immobile, useless, lump. I'm not sure we should be interested. I must admit in the FA Cup game at their place I thought he did ok but surely we can do better?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
EssexDagger!

Denton is just a slightly better Mullins IMO.... not what we need right now! There’s a reason he left Halifax and dropped down a division to join Alfreton Town last summer.