TONIGHT HAVANT

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I’m also pleased to be eating humble pie.

3/3 and its also 3 consecutive games I’ve missed. :ninja:

The way the fixtures are working out you might not see me until Boxing Day. I expect us to be in the playoffs by then.
Chalky69

Did anyone look at the Havant & Waterlooville team on the program last night. It bore no resemblance to the players on the pitch! On the program the players were numbered up to 18 but on the pitch they had players numbered up to 26. The foreign sounding keeper was not on the program. Somebody somewhere completely messed it up!
rebeldagger

It was a good all round team effort last night, and one that I feel has been a long time coming. It seems the recent additions to the squad have made the all important difference that we were so in need of. Now we have a team that is capable of playing good football, able to mix it up and pile the pressure on. However, there is still work to be done, yes we could have won by 5 or 6 (maybe Auntie Merge will be right one day) and at times I felt that we let H&W get away with too much of the ball.

All throughout the pitch we held our own, and I was pleased to see we were able to play the ball out from the back, Onarise was immense at the back and Munns was brilliant too. Wilkinson was deserving of his Man of the Match award, yet and not for the first time could have gone to any number of players.

Last night we played with the Dagger spirit that's been missing for such a long time and one of the many reasons why I personally started coming down to Victoria Road, and I for one am delighted to see it back.

Oh, on a side note, perhaps the club can have a word with Pipe Major, just so that can have more bar staff on a match day!
ARNU

I've been to more games this season than when I had my season ticket. Thoroughly enjoyable match and a comfy win again. 12 points off playoffs. Could have scored 10 , Taylor out!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am I've been to more games this season than when I had my season ticket. Thoroughly enjoyable match and a comfy win again. 12 points off playoffs. Could have scored 10 , Taylor out!
Thanks for your donation :grin:
EssexDagger!

Couldn’t be happier with the recent turnaround, genuinely cannot wait for the next game, and the next after that, when we are in this kind of form! All the way up to Hartlepool this weekend & no matter what sort of form they are in, it’s always a tough game up there....Connor Wilkinson mentioned in the post match interview that a point would be a good result away from home but IMO, in our current form it would be wrong not to go all out for all 3 points!!

Also nice to see the defence has been sorted out and another experienced head in Kenny Clarke has been brought into the squad, also don’t forget we have Nathan Smith still to come back in at LB who has been out a while now since the home game vs Harrogate... Things are looking good for us Daggers!!!

To finish on a moan though I still think we need an extra player or two brought in for the midfield area, I really like both Matt Robinson & Harry Phipps, but they can’t contunue to play in the most physical area of the pitch every Saturday/Tuesday without picking up injuries and I worry where do we go if either got injured...

COYD!!!
RampantDuke

stanton101 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:44 am
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 am
stanton101 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:45 pm We should have been out of sight first half. Wilkinson deserved his motm, for a big bloke he is quite tricky on the ball. The back four looked solid and Robinson was his usual 7/10.
All in all a decent performance.
Well done lads.
No call for the Managers head then mate.

You scoffed when i said it's not the hardest thing to go on a run in this league, heavens sake that very poor side that we played tonight have even been on a mini one.

In my opinion we are not doing much more then we have since August , it's just now we have somebody to put the ball in net and we are not giving away stupid goals, that will always win football matches. That said their goal tonight was preventable.

Well done lads another solid effort and over the course of a few days I have now seen two sides that we will finish above.

Always had confidence it would come right , the Manager did promise all along would be a better team as the season progressed and so it is proving.
No Sussex, no calls for his head, in fact I may get in contact with the Palace and have him knighted!
Seriously though, I'm chuffed to be eating my humble pie and have to give Peter Taylor credit for the way he's turned things round.
A decent performance tonight, more so the fact that we kept at it despite missing a hatful of chances, we showed great patience, and when the opportunity arose, we grabbed our chances.
Well done all.
Sorry Stanton 101, I have to take issue with your behaviour on this forum. At no time is anyone allowed to eat humble pie. The rules of this forum are simple. You voice a strong opinion and then stick with it until you croak, along the way you are allowed to descend into petty bickering and the odd swear word but fronting up and admitting that you were actually wrong is a complete no no. This level of maturity has no place on VFTS. Right everyone?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Ally Fraser

rebeldagger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 am
Oh, on a side note, perhaps the club can have a word with Pipe Major, just so that can have more bar staff on a match day!
The club need to be attracting everyone from the Pipe Major into the clubhouse
rebeldagger

I totally get that and am not advocating for fans not to enjoy a drink in the club house. Yet the Pipe Major does hot food and a carvery. Plus like my friend and I there was quite a few that would have drank in both.
RampantDuke

Ally Fraser wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:13 pm
rebeldagger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 am
The club need to be attracting everyone from the Pipe Major into the clubhouse
Yeah - driving more people to the Pipe would be like the club putting on free buses from our ground to Orient on a match day......if they could get a decent pint of Marston's Pedigree going on in the clubhouse that would be better.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
rebeldagger

RampantDuke wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:21 pm
Sorry Stanton 101, I have to take issue with your behaviour on this forum. At no time is anyone allowed to eat humble pie. The rules of this forum are simple. You voice a strong opinion and then stick with it until you croak, along the way you are allowed to descend into petty bickering and the odd swear word but fronting up and admitting that you were actually wrong is a complete no no. This level of maturity has no place on VFTS. Right everyone?
I thought it was hats we ate in this forum.
Mike the Dagger

rebeldagger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm
RampantDuke wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:21 pm
I thought it was hats we ate in this forum.
No hats have ever been harmed on this forum... threatened yes.
stanton101

Thank the lord, those hats are bloody hard to swallow. Guess I'll stick with the pie.
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 am
ARNU wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am I've been to more games this season than when I had my season ticket. Thoroughly enjoyable match and a comfy win again. 12 points off playoffs. Could have scored 10 , Taylor out!
Thanks for your donation :grin:
Well I'm getting in for free as a carer so thanks are not really in order.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !