Its all over!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggers No 2 Fan

Mike the Dagger wrote:The next time a manager says that at the end of the season the league table doesn't lie, look at us sitting 9th in League Two 2013/14 and go hmmmm!
It really does show how poor the league was this season. Having a quick look through previous tables and 60 points would normally see a position of around 12th at the most.
A loss on Saturday would have seen us finish something like 16th.

I've seen an awful lot of 'ooh, what an amazing achievement' stuff with regards to us finishing 9th. It is if you completely ignore the context of it and how poor the league has been as a whole.
ARNU

Maybe its a good thing that the league was so evenly matched.Premiersghip football has become a yawn with the same 5 teams bossing it every year.9th is better than 10th after all.Some people will never be happy I guess.I s'pose if we'dhave won the league this year you'd be saying "well the league was shit".Tell that to the teams just going up or down and they wont give a toss will they ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Maybe its a good thing that the league was so evenly matched.Premiersghip football has become a yawn with the same 5 teams bossing it every year.9th is better than 10th after all.Some people will never be happy I guess.I s'pose if we'dhave won the league this year you'd be saying "well the league was shit".Tell that to the teams just going up or down and they wont give a toss will they ?
Yeh, the Premier League looks very dull this season, what with only 3 teams being able to win it with a couple of games to go. And that last kick of the season finish a couple of years ago was utter tedium.

I've seen some comparing finishing 9th this season to finishing 7th and 8th in the past. 60 points in those seasons would have seen finishes of 12th and 16th. There were better teams that season and we'd have been found out a lot quicker than we were this year.

Let's not over do it with celebrating 9th. It's a good achievement, but in a poor league where we've been served up some complete crap.

I like your point about some people never being happy, there's some beautiful irony in that coming from you.
matt_drfc

Forget how many points we got compared to other seasons. We finished 9th. We were favourites to go down and we finished 2 places off the play offs. That is a brilliant achievement for me. Instead of trying to put a downer on everything you can, congratulate this young squad on a successful season.

Wayne Burnett isn't John Still, he has different opinions on how the game should be played and he has definitely got it wrong at times, but the fans should at least give him a bit of support. John Still took us to League One and was a fantastic manager for our small club. But in his first full season in the football league with us, we finished 20th, in Burnett's first full season in the football league we have finished 9th, why can't people be pleased?
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote:Maybe its a good thing that the league was so evenly matched.Premiersghip football has become a yawn with the same 5 teams bossing it every year.9th is better than 10th after all.Some people will never be happy I guess.I s'pose if we'dhave won the league this year you'd be saying "well the league was shit".Tell that to the teams just going up or down and they wont give a toss will they ?
Yeh, the Premier League looks very dull this season, what with only 3 teams being able to win it with a couple of games to go. And that last kick of the season finish a couple of years ago was utter tedium.

I like your point about some people never being happy, there's some beautiful irony in that coming from you.
Once again I have to explain in minute detail a simple point every body else understands.I'm not saying there aren't any interesting games or circumstances in the prem.Just that the same old teams occupying the top 6 places year in year out is the boring part for me.Maybe you should support one of them teams if losing and struggle are too much for ya.

Im always happy,happy to moan occasionally and happy to celebrate when we've done well.If Wayne can deliver 9th place when the home form has been so crap imagine what he could do with a few new players next season.
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:Forget how many points we got compared to other seasons. We finished 9th. We were favourites to go down and we finished 2 places off the play offs. That is a brilliant achievement for me. Instead of trying to put a downer on everything you can, congratulate this young squad on a successful season.

Wayne Burnett isn't John Still, he has different opinions on how the game should be played and he has definitely got it wrong at times, but the fans should at least give him a bit of support. John Still took us to League One and was a fantastic manager for our small club. But in his first full season in the football league with us, we finished 20th, in Burnett's first full season in the football league we have finished 9th, why can't people be pleased?
Maybe people can't be pleased because they find reading the over the top arse licking of Burnett to be a combination of pathetic, annoying and boring. Perhaps they don't like the completely over the top reaction to league position which has been completely skewed by win in a game against a team that had nothing to play for and against players that have admitted they weren't trying.
Perhaps they're looking at the form for a large chunk of the season and are wondering how it is likely to get any better next season when we've been so clearly worked out at home.

Perhaps, just perhaps, some people have different opinions to you. Personally I've found this season to probably be the hardest to watch in all the time I've been attending. Why would I pleased about that?
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Maybe you should support one of them teams if losing and struggle are too much for ya.
I can't think where you'd get the idea to start supporting a different team from? Oh, yes I can. Sorry, but we're not all quite as fickle as you. Some of us stick with the one team.
len

What do some people seriously think that a team with an average attendance of around 1900 with a small budget and a new manager should win this league? I think some people should live in the real world.
Daggers No 2 Fan

len wrote:What do some people seriously think that a team with an average attendance of around 1900 with a small budget and a new manager should win this league? I think some people should live in the real world.
I can't see any suggestion along those lines at all. I think some people should learn to not make silly points without understanding the views of others.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Forget how many points we got compared to other seasons. We finished 9th. We were favourites to go down and we finished 2 places off the play offs. That is a brilliant achievement for me. Instead of trying to put a downer on everything you can, congratulate this young squad on a successful season.

Maybe people can't be pleased because they find reading the over the top arse licking of Burnett to be a combination of pathetic, annoying and boring. Perhaps they don't like the completely over the top reaction to league position which has been completely skewed by win in a game against a team that had nothing to play for and against players that have admitted they weren't trying.
Perhaps they're looking at the form for a large chunk of the season and are wondering how it is likely to get any better next season when we've been so clearly worked out at home.

Perhaps, just perhaps, some people have different opinions to you. Personally I've found this season to probably be the hardest to watch in all the time I've been attending. Why would I pleased about that?
Nah, you're boring mate. It's not arse licking, it's called supporting your manager, you wouldn't like any manager if it's not Still. We also had nothing to play for so that's a pointless statement, we had a few chunks of form this season, some good, some bad, we're Dagenham at the end of the day, it happens. Yeah, it has been hard to watch at times, we all know that but the players and staff will learn over time how to get through it. You clearly want to just find negatives in every situation, lighten up a bit ffs
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote: Maybe people can't be pleased because they find reading the over the top arse licking of Burnett to be a combination of pathetic, annoying and boring. Perhaps they don't like the completely over the top reaction to league position which has been completely skewed by win in a game against a team that had nothing to play for and against players that have admitted they weren't trying.

Nah, you're boring mate. It's not arse licking, it's called supporting your manager, you wouldn't like any manager if it's not Still. We also had nothing to play for so that's a pointless statement, we had a few chunks of form this season, some good, some bad, we're Dagenham at the end of the day, it happens. Yeah, it has been hard to watch at times, we all know that but the players and staff will learn over time how to get through it. You clearly want to just find negatives in every situation, lighten up a bit ffs
I may be boring, but at least I'm not an ignorant scrote like you. I've defended Burnett on several occasions throughout the season, so your comment about not liking anyone other than Still just shows how clueless you are.
I'm unhappy with what I've seen for large chunks of the season and am probably more disillusioned than I've ever been as a Dagenham & Redbridge support. I'm sorry that doesn't fit with what you seem to think I should be feeling but it is how it is. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I certainly shouldn't be told to lighten up by a prick like you.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote: Maybe people can't be pleased because they find reading the over the top arse licking of Burnett to be a combination of pathetic, annoying and boring. Perhaps they don't like the completely over the top reaction to league position which has been completely skewed by win in a game against a team that had nothing to play for and against players that have admitted they weren't trying.

I may be boring....
Yeah you are !!

And why you'd resort to name calling over something as insignificant in the true scheme of things really is beyond me. :lol: at you !
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

I may be boring, but at least I'm not an ignorant scrote like you. I've defended Burnett on several occasions throughout the season, so your comment about not liking anyone other than Still just shows how clueless you are.
I'm unhappy with what I've seen for large chunks of the season and am probably more disillusioned than I've ever been as a Dagenham & Redbridge support. I'm sorry that doesn't fit with what you seem to think I should be feeling but it is how it is. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I certainly shouldn't be told to lighten up by a prick like you.
Alright for you to say comments are boring, pathetic etc.. but when it's said about you, oooh you don't like it. I haven't seen any defending of Burnett if I'm honest. I told you to lighten up just because the majority of what you say is negative. You are allowed an opinion obviously, but I'm also allowed to have an opinion on your opinion. Works both ways :)
Richie

No 2 fan, can I ask why you are the most disillusioned you've been following us? Surely this past season has been better than the final 2 under JS? Not a dig, just a question.

Personally I think a 9th placed finish when we were missing our 2 best attackers for half a season is bloody good going. I know the league was tight and 9th-16th is not much different in terms of points but even if we lost at Cheltenham I'd still think we've had a decent season all told. Of course it's not been perfect with the home form but positive signs I think.
ARNU

We've been shite at home most of the season,an area that needs attention for sure.I've had more fun on the aways ive been to this year,we seem to play with a bit more confidence away.Louder support and lower expectations I suppose.Cant have success without failure.9th is a success.