Its all over!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Gotta be pleased with 9th place, but then again us finishing 9th shows how poor the league has been this season. Onto the next one!
Richie

Great season all things considered.
Lcbdagger

Scary to think with our form since Christmas that we could have had a playoff place with better results against the poorer teams...Pompey especially
ARNU

Was anyone realistically expecting any more than bottom 6 really ??

No doubt Wayne will still get coated by Mr Vindalot and all the other anti-Burnett brigade but remember Stills best efforts in this league were 7th and 8th and he was a vastly experienced manager in comparison.Theres lots of ifs and buts and maybe with Murphy and Hines not getting injured/going off the boil a bit who knows where we'd have been.

Burnett has well and truly earnt his place as the manager now and I think we should extend his contract(Hes only got a year left) so he can really get his teeth into it next season.

Well done Wayne.

Now sort out the dross and get us winning at home.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
FullMetalDagger

so after all the pissing and moaning we finished 2 places lower than our league 2 best.

Onwards and Upwards,

Wayne Burnetts Barmy Army!
leewilson

One thing is for sure. Since we've stopped being as expansive, we've tightened up away from home. We need to find that happy medium.
Richie

This season has clearly taken its toll on me.... Arnu seems to be talking sense :shock:
ARNU

Richie wrote:This season has clearly taken its toll on me.... Arnu seems to be talking sense :shock:
I caught myself doing it the other day..I promise normal service will be resumed!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done Wayne and the boys that was more like it. What looked a shocking pitch made it hard work but we
stuck at it and our second half showing was a vast improvement on recent weeks.

Any Manager who only loses two away games this year knows which way the wind is blowing. Peopke knock on about our home form but our away form since the New year has been nothing short of fantastic.

Left there today absoloute estatic that we finished higher then the fish fiddlers down the road, that in itself for a Club our size is a great acheivement.

Two things i decided today how everlong there is on Scott Doe contract it is nowhere near long enough and whoever is our Goalkeeper next season it surely cant be young Jordan who is just not ready yet.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Sat May 03, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redboy

Let's be honest, League 2 has been a poor division this season. Very few teams have impressed me and with the budget that Luton will have next year, JS must be licking his lips. Finishing ninth.......Great season I feel is an exaggeration. At one point today I think we were 16th which shows how tight it all was. However, with a fit Zavon Hines and Rhys Murphy all season, I'm sure we would have challenged for the play offs. Not bad for an average side with a minimal budget. Since Xmas, our home games have been awful which must be addressed. We need 4/5 new signings, guys that are big and strong which is what you need to compete. As for Wayne, the jury is still out. Tactically he's very naïve and at no point this season knew what our best team/formation was. However, its a results game and most of us would have taken 9th back in August.
Mark

Very balanced redboy. Agree with you.
leewilson

redboy wrote:Let's be honest, League 2 has been a poor division this season. Very few teams have impressed me and with the budget that Luton will have next year, JS must be licking his lips. Finishing ninth.......Great season I feel is an exaggeration. At one point today I think we were 16th which shows how tight it all was. However, with a fit Zavon Hines and Rhys Murphy all season, I'm sure we would have challenged for the play offs. Not bad for an average side with a minimal budget. Since Xmas, our home games have been awful which must be addressed. We need 4/5 new signings, guys that are big and strong which is what you need to compete. As for Wayne, the jury is still out. Tactically he's very naïve and at no point this season knew what our best team/formation was. However, its a results game and most of us would have taken 9th back in August.
Don't agree with the bolded bit. I think he had us pretty much sorted early on with Ogogo, Howell ans Bingham in the midfield. Then Hines and Medy either side of Murphy with Obafemi as the alternative wide option. Bingham's injury saw the dilemma of whether to remain 4-3-3 with Medy central or go 4-4-2. Then our two biggest attacking threats in Hines and Murphy both pick up season ending injuries with 3 months remaining. I'm not making excuses as we should have been far better of late at home than we were but it does explain a tad the difference between the first and second half of the season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

You will never make a blind man see lee. It was so obvious again this afternoon that we got stuck between 2nd and 3rd gear the moment we lost Hines. If all the full backs were as poor as Cheltenham especially the left back the wingers we used to replace him would have been adequate the fact that they were not only highlighted our weakness in this area.

GIven the uncertainty over Hines an out and out winger has to be on Waynes wish list . That lad Mclachon or what ever he is called would be ideal he has been a pain in our arse more then once and was again today.

Also what a fine speciman youngJon Noble looks an absoloute brickhouse if ever there was one
Ok only got 20 minutes and it kind of passed him by but it was obvious there is something to work on for the future. Get him out on loan for him to learn how to use his strength and size and he looks a bright prospect.
Dagdale

Great way to end the season full marks to the team and the good turn out, especially the colourful way many dressed up and made it one big happy occasion in glorious sunshine, thought Cheltenham was a lovely town and quite simply which every away one would be so good. We just, especially second half past the ball around better and were more of a threat, some crazy things happened out there and to be honest I'd set Cheltenham like Torquay the another week just had no aerial threat and were dour. Cant believe with such dismal home form we finished 9th and next season we ride on upwards in more confidence with some additional players. Any chance of Mackail Smith back? 'What a pass to seal P/O for Brighton', brilliant to him and especially also to Dagenham & Redbridge this season.
Mike the Dagger

The next time a manager says that at the end of the season the league table doesn't lie, look at us sitting 9th in League Two 2013/14 and go hmmmm!