That'll do nicely.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
CharlieC

A good, battling performance Saturday. Rode our luck a fair bit but that’s expected against a team like Fylde.

I still think that although Phipps and Robinson are doing well battling in the midfield, we need a player in there that can dictate a game, a better passer (although Robinson’s pass for the second goal was superb).

Wilkinson took his goal magnificently, but you can see why Gillingham fans thought he had a bit of an attitude problem. Barely a celebration for his goal, and the interview he gave when he came in didn’t show him in the best light. Still, if he can score a goal like that every week I won’t be complaining!

On a positive note, Justham was obviously brilliant, and we had a relatively stress free final 15 minutes where we managed the game very well.
dagger4eva

As mentioned already, that opening 20-30 mins really was horrific and it looked almost certain we were going to take a pounding.

We then messed up a chance to equalise with the 1on1 and then finally got the equaliser from pretty much out of nothing.

From then on, I thoight there was only 1 winner (us) - with a Harrogate-esque type performance. Organised, moved the ball about with pace, looked dangerous every time we attacked. Munns buzzing about all over the place, stood out for me particularly.

OK, Justham made some mightily good saves too but still felt we were worthy winners in the end.

The last few results have really seen us claw some ground back with the teams above. Were now just 5 points off Saturdays opponents (Bromley) who are currently up in the heady heights of 16th.

Whats even madder are that we still arent above Chesterfield - whos last win in the league was the 11th of AUGUST !!! 4 points out of the next two games and I'm sure we finally will be.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:41 pm Early on they had 3 players attacking down our right so Manny kept getting pulled over and McQueen wasn't getting back to help. Once we plugged that I felt we were in control of the game. Manny is a superb player on early form and we are fortunate to have someone who has already impressed at a higher level than ours. As Alan says, he reads things so early, he doesn't overplay and he is not prepared to let big forwards push him around.

I felt Fylde were a good technical team but massively overplay. They seemed happy to keep 6 in midfield and play triangles, before eventually throwing a cross onto Manny or Ben's head. No idea why their top scorer sat so deep for so long. I think if they got the ball into the danger zone quicker they'd have blown us away in the first half.

Special mention to Justham who I've been critical of in the past but what a performance. After some early season mistakes he's come into some great form and is earning us points. He's even taking crosses under pressure in a way I've not seen before. Seems much more confident and long may it continue. Still seems like Mr Grumpy and doubt that will change with the sleepless nights ahead! ;)
Ironic when there was concearn that we could not keep the gioalkeeper coach and we had to revert to " somebody helping out". Since then Keepers form has gone up a notch or two
mikew

i spoke to conor wilkinson after game - he had a dead leg and was still limping -but said he will be fit for next game he seemed adamant.Had good couple minutes chat with him -all i saw was a nice guy who wants a break and a run playing first team football -he could score plenty for us if we keep him fit and he gets a good run. Its nice to see a wee challenge for places in certain areas of the pitch now ..several of the players said how great the atmosphere is starting to be and the encouragement coming from the terraces .
Kevin

Cracking effort from the team Saturday!

Was very impressed with Wilkinson - put in a great shift, won plenty of headers, took it to the Fylde defenders (getting a few knocks in the process) & scored a peach of a goal. Hopefully he'll be fit for Saturday.

Justham was immense - some of the saves he made were really from the top drawer.

Still a long way to go, but the recent weeks have been pretty decent..

C'mon you Daggers!! :thumbu: